Halycon Eclipse BPW a good buy at ~$700?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you guys are so "to each his own" how come you troll for threads that say Hog so you can jump all over them?

I haven't missed any points. That's just a character attack to try to distract the sheep from the truth. Nearly everything I dive is "name brand" with the exception of a few things like bolt snaps and my home made canister light. They just aren't the brands that you think are the end all to be all.

Again, you miss the point. Hog isn't the fit and finish of other options. Another thread is going on about the Hog AL plates not being deburred well. It's cutting the webbing. To Hogs defense, they posted and thanked for the feedback and said they would look into it in the future. I know when I buy DSS it's not coming that way. I know my HP ports will be drilled on Apeks regs.

It's not about brand vs knock off. It's overall fit and finish.

OP. $700 is probably high for a H setup. Use RJPs connection if you want that setup. Ping Tobin on the manufacturers forum if you want DSS. If you want to go Hog, that's fine too. To each his own. I'll take high quality gear with outstanding customer service over knock off gear with decent customer service.

That IS his recurring issue.

1.) Consistent.
2.) Repeatable.

Do you have reading comprehension issues?

You won't get anywhere. I've been down this rabbit hole. Anything other than Hog is just nonsense to him. Pointing out finish and QA of products is beyond comprehension.

If you guys are so "to each his own" how come you troll for threads that say Hog so you can jump all over them?

I haven't missed any points. That's just a character attack to try to distract the sheep from the truth. Nearly everything I dive is "name brand" with the exception of a few things like bolt snaps and my home made canister light. They just aren't the brands that you think are the end all to be all.

You have genuine comprehension problems.
The OP asked specifically about the price of a Halcyon rig....by post 4 right out of the script.......we get..."buy HOG".

Who is trolling??

The HOG thing from the fan club has become a running Scuba Board joke.

As I think has been the consensus, $700 is neither good nor bad for a new H rig as described. I don't know why you'd buy anything other than the wing new--your BP or harness or any other non-air holding BPW part aren't going to require warranty service. That said, if Halcyon still made their Pioneer wings, I'd pay the money for a new H singles wing and I like their Evolve wings for doubles. If you have a hard-on for STA diving, H is probably the way to go for the wing. DSS is where I'll go for my next single tank wing, though, and even if you buy an H wing you should get a DSS OPV -- the H OPVs are still poorly designed afterthoughts even without the stupid grab balls.

As an aside, I own a H Eclipse 40lb and it's way more wing than any single tank diver should need--I could use the damn thing with my double 130s and it would float me at the surface at the start of a dive. Which is probably why it's on my loaner rig.

Funny. I didn't post about Hog until a fan boy came on offering it as a solution. And I didn't bad mouth Hog. I noted what I've noted on countless posts. Hog doesn't have the fit and finish i desire in my gear.

I did offer DSS as an alternative to Halcyon.

Another thread is going on about the Hog AL plates not being deburred well. It's cutting the webbing.
Bad example. There was a similar thread about Halcyon plates not being deburred and cutting the webbing, as my Halcyon did.

So using YOUR unique and special style of logical thinking.....we can presume that you "think you're a bigger man because you have name brand gear."
and that you "look down at everyone".....and all the other crap you just spewed.

Maybe you should read posts a few times before replying.

Bad example. There was a similar thread about Halcyon plates not being deburred and cutting the webbing, as my Halcyon did.

Ever see another reg vendor ship regs without the high pressure ports drilled?

Jared is to Subway, as Chrpai is becoming to HOG.

I am starting to associate Chrpai as the official spokesperson for the brand, as these threads evolve. He is their one-man Guerrilla marketing mouthpiece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom