hardcore and indie music

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'll give you some examples

hardcore: poison the well, every time i die, with honor, dillinger escape plan, hopesfall, the hope conspiracy, fear before the march of flames, underoath, converge, shai hulud

indie: the get up kids, bright eyes, desaparecidos, weezer, wilco, the sound of animals fighting, th faint, cursive, the casket lottery, at the drive-in, alexisonfire, the mars volta(that ones kind of experimental/indie. they are also geniuses of our time)

warning: anyone who checks these bands out may become addicted. the hardcore is pretty brutal. beware

I'm into punk rock, and ska. The indie punk band are usually better than mainstream.

Hardcore sounds depressing to me.

Indie sounds too artsy.

So, no I don't love it, nor do I need it.

Rock on.

Green_Manelishi:
Hardcore sounds depressing to me.

Indie sounds to artsy.

So, no I don't love it, nor do I need it.

Rock on.

no such thing as too artsy in the current state of the mainstream music scene. indie is off the path and beautifully original. no corporately-created band/groups here!!

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
no such thing as too artsy in the current state of the mainstream music scene. indie is off the path and beautifully original. no corporately-created band/groups here!!

Nor am I into "mainstream".
It's a drag.
Especially the hip-hop, gangsta-crap and noise they call "hard rock" or "heavy metal" these days.

Not listening to much current idie music (love weezer) but I still jam my pavement to this day. I love that and guided by voices. So what new indie bands will fit my taste.

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
indie: the get up kids, bright eyes, desaparecidos, weezer, wilco, the sound of animals fighting, th faint, cursive, the casket lottery, at the drive-in, alexisonfire, the mars volta(that ones kind of experimental/indie. they are also geniuses of our time)

I like Wilco a lot but then again who doesn't... :D

Am actually more partial to old (for me) and perhaps not particularly "indie" stuff like Joy Division, Jesus and Mary Chain, Blur, The Wedding Present, etc.

Have to agree with GM. The music being pumped out nowadays is crap. But that's why I try to go with the indie scene. Get up Kids is awesome.

I have a hard time now classifying what is indie and what's not. Would you still classify Weezer as indie? Here's a list of bands that I have mp3s of, tell me if you classify them as indie:
* Army of me
* Autopilot off
* Boys night out
* Braid
* Brodie
* Death Cab for Cutie
* Ex number five
* FM Static
* Furhter Seems Forever
* Homegrown
* Hot Rod Circuit
* Jets to Brazil
* Last Week
* Legends of Rodeo
* Lifetime
* No Motiv
* Midtown
* No Use for a Name
* One Linedrawing
* Reggie and the Full Effect
* Rocking Horse Winner
* Rufio
* Seville
* All American Rejects
* The Matches
* The Movielife
* New Amsterdams <--- Get up Kids side project
* Plainwhite Ts
* Weakerthans <--- but then they were on the wedding crashers soundtrack so would you still consider them indie?
* Theme song for a century
* Thrice
* Ultimate Fakebook
* Vroom

someone help me with a definition. :(

Back
Top Bottom