Has anyone used Scuba Mau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Rich. I see from your profile that Dave Dillehay is one of your buddies. As you likely know, he owns a dive shop in Coz. While I'm not a cheerleader of either his op or Scuba Mau's, if it came down to it, I'd choose to dive with a buddy instead of a perfect stranger. :D

Has anyone used Scuba Mau and if you did would you use them again?
Yes, many of us have. Last August was my first time but I met a lot of SB members on the boats. They would be my first choice on a return trip, but that's me as they fit my preferences. I have no idea what your preferences are? Here is my approach and eventually my evaluation of SM, altho it is a lonnng thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/348892-so-what-do-i-want-coz-dive-trip.html
Hey Rich. I see from your profile that Dave Dillehay is one of your buddies. As you likely know, he owns a dive shop in Coz. While I'm not a cheerleader of either his op or Scuba Mau's, if it came down to it, I'd choose to dive with a buddy instead of a perfect stranger. :D
Interesting approach. I have 57 listed buddies, very few of whom I have met or dived with.

Aprxh, have you dived Coz before?

I used them back in August on my second trip to Cozumel so I have limited knowledge of what other dive operators out there are like but when I go back in January I'll be using Scuba Mau. They are very friendly and attentive.

Yes, many of us have. Last August was my first time but I met a lot of SB members on the boats. They would be my first choice on a return trip, but that's me as they fit my preferences. I have no idea what your preferences are? Here is my approach and eventually my evaluation of SM, altho it is a lonnng thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/348892-so-what-do-i-want-coz-dive-trip.html

Interesting approach. I have 57 listed buddies, very few of whom I have met or dived with.

Aprxh, have you dived Coz before?
Yes I have dived Cozumel several times and have used several different dive operations there. I do have my favorite one but a member of my dive club is on a very limited budget and I told him I would do some research for him if he gave me a name he wanted checked out.

I used Scuba Mau for the first time in May, they were fantastic. They made us feel like family the whole week, the dm's are friendly and they are great at what they do. My father was doing his advanced with them and he had a great experience. Opal was very quick with responding to my emails with questions I had about being a first time Coz'er I'm leaving for Cozumel in 15 days and guess who I'm using this trip...... Scuba Mau.

Cheers Matthew

I used Scuba Mau for the first time in May, they were fantastic. They made us feel like family the whole week, the dm's are friendly and they are great at what they do. My father was doing his advanced with them and he had a great experience. Opal was very quick with responding to my emails with questions I had about being a first time Coz'er I'm leaving for Cozumel in 15 days and guess who I'm using this trip...... Scuba Mau.

Cheers Matthew

My husband and I have used Scuba Mau several times and are very happy with them. We will be back in 4 wks and will be diving with them. It is all in your preference but for us everything about them fits our likes. The DM's are great, the customer service is wonderful, and Opal and Mau treat you like family! I only have one other OP to compare them to in Coz but we have no reason to look anywhere else. The island offers so many good OP's it is hard to go wrong but we will dive w/Scuba Mau everytime!

I have used them for two Cozumel trips for a total of about 12 two-tank dives. They are an excellent low cost dive operation and will go the extra mile to meet your needs. I am looking forward to using them again in the future. With that being said, where are you staying? That could influence the dive operation you decide on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom