Has anyone used Scuba Mau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Coz, we have dove with Dressel Divers, Aqua Safari, Dive Paradise, Scuba Club, Dive XTC and Scuba Mau.

In our opinion, they are the best for their customer service, attitude, dive profiles, choice of sites, small boats/groups, knowledgable divemasters, and reasonably priced. Best of all, you pay for your dives at the end of your stay...no upfront charge like all the others.

We have used them on our last two visits and will be diving with them again this November.

They have earned our loyalty.

Regards,
Dave (aka "Squirt")

Best of all, you pay for your dives at the end of your stay...no upfront charge like all the others.

Did you mean "all the others you've dived with previously"? Because I have never paid in advance any dives I've done with Living Underwater, Liquid Blue, Blue Angel, Blue X-T-Sea (I KNOW I didn't spell this right), Pelagic Ventures. I can't recall what the situation was when I went with Papa Hogs.

I have been diving with them prior to the shop being opened. The other Ops are still good operations. They just took their skills and opened their own shop. I have introduced many, many people to them and I can only think of a couple referrals that clashed. No company is everything to everyone.
If your friend is skilled he/she is likely to have a great time. If your friend is a newer diver they will do their best to make sure they are safe and have great dives. Just tell him/her to let them know his/her skill level. I do feel that the shop does try to make all feel at home. They are incredibly friendly people.
After years of diving with them I'm thinking I am quite happy to stay diving with them. I also dive with Aldora when the port is closed on the westside. I like Daves op but for me the steel tanks are to heavy at depth. I only like using them when I dive cold water.
There are a lot of great shops on Coz, a number of them I would have no problem referring people to if Scubamau did not exist. Great diving to all! kev:D

Did you mean "all the others you've dived with previously"? Because I have never paid in advance any dives I've done with Living Underwater, Liquid Blue, Blue Angel, Blue X-T-Sea (I KNOW I didn't spell this right), Pelagic Ventures. I can't recall what the situation was when I went with Papa Hogs.
I know of several people that where asked for deposits by several of the ops you have stated. Several of them requested deposits from me too.

Deposits? So what? Scuba Mau required a small deposit, Blue Angel did too, and both wanted payment after I was finished. I don't care if I pay on arrival or departure, except that I didn't have a room safe at Villablanca and was paying cash - so I asked Opal if we could pay on arrival. She did it my way. Actually she owed me money at the end and gave it to me in US currency, same as paid.

But I don't worry about a Coz Op not delivering as paid even if one wanted payment on arrival.

Prepaid packages are a different story of course, but not needed for Coz, IMO.

Great dive operation:
Have used Scuba Mau numerous times, and they are my #1 choice. They are very attentive, and will take good care of you. Dive masters to the boat captains are all there to assist you , and make your diving experience fun , and safe.
They will get a general consensus from the divers as to what sites to dive, and let you dive your air, and computers. I really can't say enough about them.
However I wll have more to say in just 12 days. :D::cool2::D
Two weeks of diving I can't wait. that reminds me I need to find my Speedo:eyebrow:

Great dive operation:
I really can't say enough about them.
However I wll have more to say in just 12 days. :D::cool2::D
Two weeks of diving I can't wait. that reminds me I need to find my Speedo:eyebrow:

Jimmy, I guess I will see you on the boat I land on November 3 and will be diving till the 10th. Where you staying?

Cheers Matthew

Headed for my 2nd vacation with them on Saturday. My wife and I loved them last time, and we are bringing 7 with us this trip.

I never hesitate on referring people to them. They treated us very well.

John

Jimmy, I guess I will see you on the boat I land on November 3 and will be diving till the 10th. Where you staying?

Cheers Matthew

We will get there on oct.30th, be in the water the 31st, Last dives will be the 12th.
Staying up north at the Elcozmuleno.

See ya on the boat!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom