Have you every mix up your knife with others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yewy

Reaction score
hi everyone i'm yew[again]
i'm doing on the dive knife design project....
i have some question to ask you...

Normally how many diver go to dive in one group/trip?
How many people on boat that took them to the diving point?
Have you ever mixing up you knife with others?
Do u want something like the indicator to indicate that this is your knife?
R there any unexpected situation that happen with your knife on the boat?

wow... there's lots of question i have asked...
thank you, Yew:D

The first thing you learn on a boat is to keep up with your gear, and to keep it out of the way. Pretty much like shore diving, or any other equipment intensive sport... (or work environment)

My knife looks like a sawed off kitchen knife. The blunt tip can double as a scewdriver and it stays on my harness. I want cheap, useful knife that I won't be tempted to go after if I drop it or care very much if I lost it.

I don't think it's really an issue with a knife. It's not something you normally leave lying around.
Fins, weightbelts and weight pockets may get stacked near the ladder, but knives?

In any case knives very quickly accumulate markings which allow their owner to tell them apart. Rust stains, scratches, notches etc.

TheRedHead:
My knife looks like a sawed off kitchen knife. The blunt tip can double as a scewdriver and it stays on my harness. I want cheap, useful knife that I won't be tempted to go after if I drop it or care very much if I lost it.
How deep would you go to get it? :wink:

miketsp:
Fins, weightbelts and weight pockets may get stacked near the ladder, but knives?

They shouldn't either. Fins should go over your wrist when you climb the ladder. Weights should stay in plkace until you're back at your seat. There's no reason to have fins or weights any place but in your immediate possession or put away properly.

Walter:
They shouldn't either. Fins should go over your wrist when you climb the ladder. Weights should stay in plkace until you're back at your seat. There's no reason to have fins or weights any place but in your immediate possession or put away properly.

I regularly dive boats where climbing a (fragile or non-existent) ladder fully equipped is not an option.
If handing up an integrated weight BC to a crew member or willing helper it's only polite to hand up the weight pockets first separately.
Same thing applies to RIB diving. Not many people can climb over a wet side still wearing their weight belt.

Back
Top Bottom