Hello Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jewey4

Reaction score
Hi- I absolutely love this site. I'm pretty new to diving (OW cert. in August 2003) and I've learned so much just reading the posts on this board. So I figured I'd introduce myself to all you lovely bubblers.

Right now - I'm in search of a much needed pair of fins. The pair I have now are so bad, I think they came from a mask & fin package thing I bought at Costco years ago! Last time I went diving, I had a fin slip off my foot twice. So there I was chasing after a floating fin at 40 feet under. Not the easiest thing when you got only one foot left to swim with! So probably any new pair would be an improvement. I'm still in the process of reading through the threads on recommended ones.

My next venture will be digital underwater photography. I'm tired of the disposable crap. I've been anxious to share a peice of my experiences with friends/family so the disposable was the easiest way to go. But I think I'm ready to move up.

Other than that- I love diving even if I've only been out 3 trips since August. To think, a year ago I had a complete fear of the ocean and now I can't get enough of it! Thanks again, all of you that post your opinions-it's been very helpful!

-Jasmine

welcome aboard!

thanks for sharing your story. i also went digital recently, after flooding my
35 mm (dumb luck there... ahem).

may i suggest that whatever fins you end up getting, you also get (separately)
spring straps for them? they are comfortable and almost unbreakable, and combined
with booties, will insure that no fin will ever come off.

enjoy!

It's nice to see all the fresh faces on the board. Hope you find some fins that work.

As you'll find out (if you haven't already) there is plenty of good information and some not so good. However, there is never the lack of opinions and suggestions.

As with most equipment, if you intend to use it much, get the best you can afford. It will pay for itself in no time. Plus one of of something good is still cheaper than two of lesser quality products. I concur with the spring strap suggestion. One of the best things I've done with my three sets, plus daughters fins as well. A breeze to get off and on, and very durable.

The camera thing is something I'd like to caution you a bit on. Don't jump into yet another task intensive item if you still working on your buoyancy and diving technique. It would serve you well to get your diving down before adding more "complications".

Safe diving!!

Welcome to the board! I got certified around the same time as you and it is a true addiction! I try to get wet as often as possible!

Good luck with the fin search! I got incrdibly lucky and fell in love with the first pair I bought. Had to use a different pair once (due to packing failure LOL) and absolutely hated them. So once you find your pair, You'll know it!!!

Once again, Welcome to the board!!!!

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:froggy:

Ahoy there! Welcome aboard and glad to see new people posting! Jump in anywhere and add your 2psi anytime :)

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

We have a lot of information on fins; click here: http://www.scubaboard.com/f31.html

don
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom