help with my brand new Atomic B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a dilemma I face too. Buy at good prices online and risk not getting any local help should something go wrong or buy locally and pay 30-50% more and (maybe) get help if needed.

Wasnt even online
It was an in peron shop in Key Largo and authorized atomic dealer

Wasnt even online
It was an in peron shop in Key Largo and authorized atomic dealer

When I said "online" I didn't mean eBay or Craigslist. I meant legit scuba shops that are too far to get to for service :)

I should clarify further...there are lots of brick and mortar legit scuba shops that sell on eBay and online now.

Last edited:
if you are planning on spending $3000 for your wife's gear, any decent dive shop should be falling all over themselves to help to sort out your problem for free, including us.

We offer free lifetime service labor on any regulator bought new from us. So far, it has worked out well from both a customer and a store standpoint.

Last edited:
if you are planning on spending $3000 for your wife's gear, any decent dive shop should be falling all over themselves to help to sort out your problem for free, including us.

We offer free lifetime service labor on any regulator bought new from us. So far, it has worked out well from both a customer and a store standpoint.

That was the plan but obviously this guy at this LDS doesn't seem to think im worth his time. My wife will need everything so by the time we get done with a computer regs and BC she will easily be $2500 or so. Apparently he missed that part.
Although after this im not sure ill be buying atomic

Also one other thing i noticed, The swivel becomes basically unusable when you pressurize the system.
When no air is present it swivels nicely but not with air present

are you talking about the 1st stage turret or 2nd stage reg swivel?

regardless, either one should move if you apply force.

Have not noticed the 1st stage given its on my back and the 2nd stage does move if you apply a reasonable amount of force but nothing like when its de pressurized.
When no air present it flops around all over nice and smooth. With air it barley moves unless you apply a reasonable amount of force.

@rscott9399 it's not designed to swivel that smoothly when pressurized. *should be a little less smooth than rotating the regulator on the hose fwiw

sounds like your LDS is a bit of a dick in that regard.

Are you mechanically inclined at all? You can learn to adjust and service these things yourself....

the video that I posted to before shows you how to adjust them. The tool is only like $25 if you want to make it faster/more accurate, and an IP gauge is like $15? You need an IP gauge anyway.

If you aren't happy and think something is truly wrong, then send them back to the dealer or call Atomic and work with them directly

Back
Top Bottom