Here we go...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities:
hehe I'm not going to let some redoing of the harness stop me. I was just being a butt head. :) I do need to add that. I read somewhere on SB that someone did that because they kept breaking them. How many should I add to each side?

Michael
I have one set of spares for the backup lights, although I don't think that two would be excessive. They slide down and out of the way until you break one. This happened to me recently- at first I was a bit shocked that it broke while gearing up, and then I was very satisfied that I had a spare that I could just slide up and use!

It looks like you have an inner tube for the inflator too- it wouldn't hurt to have a backup there as well. If you change to a different method, you could always cut it off if it was unnecessary.

I just blew out a bike tire, so let me know if you need some.

JimLap:
Don't worry about the drings. I have mine set up the same way with them laying flat when not in use. Even with heavy gloves clipping off has not been an issue and they do look a little cleaner that way. I now havew two of the DSS rigs because the last one I ordered for a customer was returned because he did not get his wife's permission to buy it before selling his old bc. Oh well. Works out for me since I now no longer have to change over for doubles. Singles on one rig, doubles on another. And with the way their plates are set up I dove my rig on good friday with single steel 95, ss plate, the 8 pound bolt on plates and dropped the weight on my belt from 10 lbs(first time I dove this configuration in dry suit) down to 4. And I could still probably go a down more. Plus not having to use an sta keeps the tank and valve closer to my back and easier to reach. Keep playing with it Mike, You'll love it once it gets tuned in to where you want it. Reason I had no problem taking back the one that was returned.

I kinda like the laid down look too. I may just keep it this way until I go dry (years from now) and see if the dry gloves hinder it someway. :) I think I need to get a al back plate. I had my c100 on today in the pool and I sunk. I actually had to add a little bit of air in the wing to keep me off the bottom.

Don't worry, I'll be playing with it alot, as soon as this darn cold weather gets outta here. :)

Michael

do it easy:
I have one set of spares for the backup lights, although I don't think that two would be excessive. They slide down and out of the way until you break one. This happened to me recently- at first I was a bit shocked that it broke while gearing up, and then I was very satisfied that I had a spare that I could just slide up and use!

It looks like you have an inner tube for the inflator too- it wouldn't hurt to have a backup there as well. If you change to a different method, you could always cut it off if it was unnecessary.

I just blew out a bike tire, so let me know if you need some.

Well, I dove it today in the pool. I see why now I was shipped a shorter infaltor hose. :) Mine was literally two times to long. :) I don't have any back up lights right now, so I'm not going to worry with it. Once I get some lights and add them, I'll break my rig down and put on a few tubes.

I could use some. Want my address? I'll pay for shipping. Of course, I know the owner of the two LBS (local bike shops). I'm sure they'd give me one. :)

Michael

mwhities:
I could use some. Want my address? I'll pay for shipping. Of course, I know the owner of the two LBS (local bike shops). I'm sure they'd give me one. :)
PM your address and I'll mail you a piece of my tire. Don't worry about the shipping- it's kinda silly to spend .39 to mail me a check for .39 :D Plus if you act now, I'll throw in some cave line for tying up bolt snaps.

If you want to get it from your LBS, I think that mountain bike tires work best. Let them know what you want to use it for so they don't think that your going to try to patch it and get a free tire.

Yeah, local bike shops are the best place to go for old inner tubes. I happened to have an old spare to a bike I no longer have, but some day (years from now) when I finish up with that one, I'll do what everyone else around here does and ask the local bike shop. :)

The bike shop looks at you oddly when you tell them you want an inner tube with a hole in it, but they give it up cheerfully. Then I'm sure they tell each other the story of the crazy woman who wanted an unusable inner tube . . .

shark.byte.usa:
geez untie the purse stings you guys :D a new inner tube is like $3! Unless you got a bike shop close you'll burn that up in gas...:wink:
I forget where the OP is, but around Los Angeles, there are bike shops approx every 2 miles. There are several within a mile of my home, and several more within a mile of my work.

Ironically, aside from the uber-convenient bike shops, the bigger sporting good chains that would actually carry spare bike tires for said $3 are a lot father away!

CompuDude:
Ironically, aside from the uber-convenient bike shops, the bigger sporting good chains that would actually carry spare bike tires for said $3 are a lot father away!
Walmart, Target, Walgreen's, corner drug stores, heck even grocery stores sometimes have 'em, I know my son goes has gone through a few, you don't have to go to a sporting goods store or bike shop to find one. There's a few odds-n-ends you have to get at a specialty shop or online, a bike inner tube is not one of them. YMMV.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom