Here we go...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool- One thing that makes it easier for me is to cut the end of the waist strap at an angle and melt the cut end to keep it from fraying. The angle makes it a little easier to feed through the crotch strap and the buckle.

Did you adjust the inflator hose? On the ones that I've taken apart, the elbow is "keyed" so that it will stay in a fixed position and not rotate. It looks like yours is off to the left. I think that if you unscrew the outer ring, you will be able to rotate it to the right side. Of course, Tobin would know for sure.

It's looking good!

do it easy,

I just finished setting it up last night but, I plan to fine tune it in the next few days. I'll clean everything up and make sure it's all nice and tidy. :)

I haven't messed with the inflator hose at all. I'm going to leave it on the left side since that's the way I'm used to having it. I'm still going to have my hoses routed to the right, so I don't want to overload that side.

Thanks! It's been fun doing this. I just can't wait to get into the pool! (Maybe tonight!)

Michael

Hey hey! Good looking rig Michael.
When you get ready to make your little DIR knife, you'll find that a sheath for a mini mag light works perfectly.
Brent

MBH,

Thanks! Actually, since I bought the whole rig from DSS a knife was provided. :)
BPWShoulder.jpg
This is a picture of my rig with the knife on the waist belt.

It's not very professional right now but, here is a directory with all of my pictures in it. I'll create a page later when I get a chance. I'm currently at work.

Michael

Hummm...that looks just like a mini mag light sheath!

It's made just like one. I just know it's not one that comes with a mini-mag. It's made from the same webbing the harness is made from. STIFF and hard to work with. :) I honestly don't think a mini-mag would fit into it. That small blade and handle was tough to get out and put back in. :)

Michael

That is a cool looking wing, my friend!

I was tempted to get the DSS but decided to support the lds instead. Doesn't the DSS STA cam strap have a compensator-type mechanism that helps keep the tank tighter somehow? Is it a rubber bushing or something like that?

On the long hose; I looked at that and went with a 40 incher instead. I'm strictly ow.

On the computer, I have the VT3 too. I think the retractor would be a good solution. Or if you want to wrist mount, I recall some of the Cochran's have a pretty good standard display (I may be wrong, but as I remember you don't need to switch screens for info) and you just bang on the screen to light it. So if it's on your wrist, you could hit it on your chest or whatever. Plus the tac-lite is cool looking! The Cochrans are really good too, and I guess they're more reliable now.

I also have a wisdom hose mount. Not too DIR, but it works everytime for me. Agrees w/ the VT3, too.

Come on, dude! Where is the new info you have to share with your scuba obsessed compadres?:D

Thanks Randolphscott! :)

On the wing it's self, there is a rubber piece there that the tank presses on. I guess that is what you are referring to. I'll see about getting a picture of it.

Yeah, the VT3 is nice and I need to do whatever it is I can to be safe as possible. Even if it's not DIR, it's rather safe for myself.

What new news? The BP/W is the new news! :wink:

Michael

EDIT: I just took a few more pictures. I'll post them in a few.

Are your bent D-rings on the shoulder straps backwards? Mine stick out instead of laying down flat with the webbing.

median eminence:
Are your bent D-rings on the shoulder straps backwards? Mine stick out instead of laying down flat with the webbing.

Funny that you say that. About the second or third time of "almost" finishing it, I realized they were poking out. :| So for the third or fourth time, I had to take it all off and redo the d-rings and then redo everything. The first time I tried, I forgot the inner tubes. :|

Michael

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom