Here we go...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I had one.... I just borrow the shop's. I gotta stop that.

Maybe I could borrow it too. :wink:

I noticed Ginnie Springs is selling and renting all kinds of DIR/Scuba gear. I may need see if I can talk my wife into going there to "camp" out. :wink: Of course, we will take the niece and nephew so they can swim and snorkel. :wink: (Uncle Michael can dive and try out the light. :p)

Michael

Ginnie carries gear, but there are better shops in High Springs. Try cave excursions east (say hi to Rich), Salvo, and if you want DIR, stop in Extreme Exposure, which is Halcyon's retail store. You'll get your dose of Halcyon, ScubaPro, DUI, and various other gear there.

All this within a few miles of Ginnie Springs.

I'm not looking to purchase anything like that yet, just want to try it out and see how it works. If I am ever in that area(s) I will check them out. Although, I may not want too. To much stuff I'll want to buy and I can't afford it. It'd be a big tease. :|

Michael

How do you think WE feel every time we're in the area! Unfortunately for me, the "area" is 2 hours away! That's way too much temptation...

haha I guess I do have the advantage of not being able to drive there and back in a day. I could but, I'm not. :wink:

*tempting*

Michael

PerroneFord:
I agree with the other posts. I'd do a mirrored image of a DIR type setup. Can light on the left, everything else on the right, hoses coming from the opposite direction.

Where there's a will...
I agree with this.

One concern, you would need to be sure to have a reg that you can reverse the hose on, so it routes from the other side. Or am I thinking this through wrong? If you could address this concern, I see no reason why the entire standard DIR setup could not be mirrored to swap sides.

There is the issue of lighting up gauges, as mentioned. Perhaps this would be a valid reason to check out the head-mounted light kits, like NightRider sells?

CompuDude:
I agree with this.

One concern, you would need to be sure to have a reg that you can reverse the hose on, so it routes from the other side. Or am I thinking this through wrong? If you could address this concern, I see no reason why the entire standard DIR setup could not be mirrored to swap sides.

There is the issue of lighting up gauges, as mentioned. Perhaps this would be a valid reason to check out the head-mounted light kits, like NightRider sells?

I think I'm going to keep with the standard hose routing. I don't think I could deploy the long hose properly and efficiently enough to help an OOG diver. Maybe not. I'll test that too but, for now, I am going to stay with the normal way. I know all of my "important" hoses need to be routed on the right so in case I drop it , I can still retrieve it quickly. Instead of trying to "grab" for it. Makes sense?

Head lights? (literally? :wink:) I'll check them out, maybe just us it as a "reading light".

Thanks for the suggestions.

Michael

On a happy note! I finally have my rig complete. I added the cam straps and the wing to the back plate. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to thread the cam straps through the straps lever. Once I figured it out, it was quite easy to do.

I'm very impressed with the way it was designed. I'm more impressed that I was able to get this put together, in a way I feel is correct, with out much trouble. I had thought about "documenting" it with pictures but, after playing with it and rethreading a few times, I decided I didn't want to. I'll just post the end product. :)

I did try it on and it felt pretty comfortable. I know I'll need to tighten things up some but, over all, I really like it. I'm hoping the weather man isn't right about Saturday. I'd really like to jump in the pool. I guess there is Sunday after church. (Ohh, there is a light in the pool too. I could simulate a night dive! (Will that count toward AOW? ;P))

Well, I'm going to get the camera out and take a few pictures. I'm going to try to do this with out the wife knowing. :) I'm surprised that I've done this much. I wonder if she thinks I'm working on a computer with all this baning around of SS products. :) (I actually think she knows... just not saying anything, yet. :|)

Wish me luck, about to take pics.

Michael

BPW.JPG

BPW1.JPG

Here are two that I had time to put up. I'll add more later. :)

Michael

Edit: Made the images smaller.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom