Homemade Defog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackhawk9898

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody had some defog recipes that they would like to share.

Blackhawk9898:
I was wondering if anybody had some defog recipes that they would like to share.

I've heard about this, and saw Marvel use some recently on my trip to FLL.

Honestly, commercial defog is like $4 for a bottle that lasts forever... so I just use that these days.

K

Mo2vation:
I've heard about this, and saw Marvel use some recently on my trip to FLL.

Honestly, commercial defog is like $4 for a bottle that lasts forever... so I just use that these days.

K

Hey Uncle Pug, I got a busines proposition for ya! :eyebrow:

Chris

Simplest recipe: buy a bottle of Johnson's & Johnson's Baby Shampoo.

Next simplest: dilute baby shampoo with water.

My preferred recipe: 50/50 mixture of rubbing alcohol and J&J Baby Shampoo. I use silicone grease on my moustache and the alcohol helps clean any residue off the mask.

I just baby shampoo full strength. Put a drop on a clean dry mask, let it dry and rinse when ready to use. At a couple of bucks for 12oz it super cheap and works better than most of the "real" defogs. I refill old eye drop bottles (Visine and similar products) with the shampoo and relabel them as defog.

I'm with UP on this one - spit (although someone gave me a bottle of Sea Drops in Hawaii - it's about as good as spit if I remember to take it with me!)

I have heard baby shampoo does a good job. I prefer Sea Drops by McNett myself. I tried the Sea Gold but it was so thick it distorted my vision and then if I rinsed to much out it didn't work. I could never get the right balance. Love the Sea Drops......

because I teach in a pool a lot I have a lot of fogging problems due to the suncream that floats on the top.

I installed one of those liquid bathroom soap dispensers on the side of the pool, and it works a treat. All defog is is soap. I like the baby shampoo idea because of the no more tears thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom