Glass cleaner for defog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to use spit, but it no longer seems effective. Maybe I should start drinking again?
I always have a tiny bottle of baby shampoo as backup, but the boat supplied detergent works 95% of the time and is quick and convenient.
I clean before every dive. It's when I skip a clean is when I have problems.

It depends on the mask but lately I use dilute baby shampoo (20% shampoo) from a small spray bottle, spray rub around and set it aside. Two quick dips on the swim out and put it on while swimming. Every few months I’ll run it through the dish washer.

I use the scubapro D mask and also have a few Tusa Paragon masks, I have found these frame masks don’t come with a bunch of crap on the glass that you have to remove since the two are not molded together, just clean with dish soap and go.

It depends on the mask but lately I use dilute baby shampoo (20% shampoo) from a small spray bottle, spray rub around and set it aside. Two quick dips on the swim out and put it on while swimming. Every few months I’ll run it through the dish washer.

I use the scubapro D mask and also have a few Tusa Paragon masks, I have found these frame masks don’t come with a bunch of crap on the glass that you have to remove since the two are not molded together, just clean with dish soap and go.
Regarding the dishwasher, with or without Jet Dry?

I always carry baby shampoo and it works reasonably well for the first half of a dive but the absolute best defog is at the end of the dive after a little water gets in there and washes the goo out of my nose and onto the glass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom