Homemade Defog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackhawk9898:
I was wondering if anybody had some defog recipes that they would like to share.

I use a mixture of 2 parts J&J Baby Shampoo and 1 part glycerine. Put one drop on each lense and spread around. Let dry a bit and rinse lightly when ready to use. Doesn't burn, lasts a couple dives and works great for me.

I'm not willing to waste my Oreo Cookies and sometimes run out of spit. When I buy a bottle of defog it seems to always sprout legs and run away, but nobody "liberates" a tiny unmarked squeeze bottle. I keep a tiny bottle of this stuff in my BC pocket.

chuck41:
1 I'm not willing to waste my Oreo Cookies and 2 sometimes run out of spit......
3 a tiny unmarked squeeze bottle.
1. It doesn't have to be Oreos... whatever you just ate will do fine. Krispy Kreme drool works too.

2. Think of fresh squeezed lemons.

3. Tiny unmarked bottles are an accident waiting to happen. Be careful to always use the *right* tiny unmarked bottle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom