Hose routing- what's the DIR answer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are pretty different books. "Beginning with the end in mind" explains GUE's current approach to a lot of things at a basic level, as it is targeted at people learning to dive (it's the workbook for the Rec 1 intro course). Doing it Right is somewhat more about why this is the right approach and goes into more advanced topics in a general way. I think a PDF of Doing It Right is currently included with the download package for a fundamentals course.

I think Dressed for Success has the best details on equipment configuration, though it is getting a bit long in the tooth. However there is a lot that is quicker to figure out with a skilled instructor rather then trying to figure out from a book and then adjusting your configuration based how things seem to work in the water as you try to implement the concepts.

I think a PDF of Doing It Right is currently included with the download package for a fundamentals course.

Yes, "Doing it Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving" is included in the download package for the GUE Fundamentals course, but in addition to that, I think what DaveV would really want is the "Standard Operating Procedures" manual, which is also included in the Fundies download package. The SOP manual has all the step by step procedures for every routine and emergency skill, as well as updates and proposed changes to procedures.

You also appear to get the SOP and valve manual with all GUE memberships.

They are pretty different books. "Beginning with the end in mind" explains GUE's current approach to a lot of things at a basic level, as it is targeted at people learning to dive (it's the workbook for the Rec 1 intro course). Doing it Right is somewhat more about why this is the right approach and goes into more advanced topics in a general way. I think a PDF of Doing It Right is currently included with the download package for a fundamentals course.

I think Dressed for Success has the best details on equipment configuration, though it is getting a bit long in the tooth. However there is a lot that is quicker to figure out with a skilled instructor rather then trying to figure out from a book and then adjusting your configuration based how things seem to work in the water as you try to implement the concepts.

KevinNM- My kit is pretty much ironed out, so I am most interested in the Doing it Right book, based on your descriptions. Thanks much!

Yes, "Doing it Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving" is included in the download package for the GUE Fundamentals course, but in addition to that, I think what DaveV would really want is the "Standard Operating Procedures" manual, which is also included in the Fundies download package. The SOP manual has all the step by step procedures for every routine and emergency skill, as well as updates and proposed changes to procedures.

Ayisha - you are right on - this would be exactly what I am interested in - thank you!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom