How come BP/W cost $600+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello, I was reading this thread and I thought I might make a suggestion if it hadn't already been made. The Poseidon bp/w is excellent, I own one and I really love it.

chipwd:
I've seen FredT mentioned numerous times in many threads but I've been unable to find a web page. How do you find out products and prices?

Direct contact through PM or ftagge@acadiacom.net

He is on the board... My GF is using his small plate..

It is a DARN Fxxxing Great......:lotsalove:

Just paid $390 single tank Bp/w from golem gear 35lb wing, ss plate , hog harness, f

Stu S.:
$600 was the going rate at a dealer here. Then the guy let me know about the weight pockets and the backpad and a couple of other things I had to have. The whole set was close to $800. Can I try one out? No.

Too much monkey biz for me. I went down the road and got a regular BC.

You got the genuine monkey biz, the real deal, cut to the chase, no nonsense, monkey biz. I mean the Biz-Monkey.

Hey, Evad. Gear shopping can be an experience. I've been diving since '77, but I'm new to FL. Dive salesmen haven't seen me around. Some sales types think I'm green at this, and try to sell me the works. My daughter and I went gear shopping for her, and I got quite a load then, too. Tried to sell her some goofy fins they could not sell to anyone else.

The $390 deal mentioned above would have grabbed my interest. I could find nothing like that at the time.

Stu S.:
Hey, Evad. Gear shopping can be an experience. I've been diving since '77, but I'm new to FL. Dive salesmen haven't seen me around. Some sales types think I'm green at this, and try to sell me the works. My daughter and I went gear shopping for her, and I got quite a load then, too. Tried to sell her some goofy fins they could not sell to anyone else.

The $390 deal mentioned above would have grabbed my interest. I could find nothing like that at the time.

Why are there hooligans in your avitar?

Mr. Evad, I appreciate your attention to detail. Those guys are Gene Vincent and Eddie Cochrane. I believe both are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They continued the "Rockabilly" sound after Elvis went commercial. I'll shortly switch the picture to a diving scene.

Stu

PufferFish_75:
Hello, I was reading this thread and I thought I might make a suggestion if it hadn't already been made. The Poseidon bp/w is excellent, I own one and I really love it.
The BeSea BC is actually positively buoyant, where backplates are either slightly negative (aluminum) or moreso for steel. The BeSea looks like an interesting BC, but isn't actually a BP/W at all. FWIW.

John

i don't know what you're talking about. for $150 you can get 316 steel plate, SS STA, complete webbing with d-rings etc, for $250 you can get excellent wing, for another $40 you can get 2 weight pockets but you may not need them if you have your regular weightbelt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom