how do i get work in underwater research

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fat

Registered
Reaction score
im looking at doing research so i can dive all the time but i dont know what class i need for that or even how to get work any tips plz let me know

thats thats relly cool what about socal

Id start with a BS in marine biology or you could offer your self as bait.

Wildcard:
Id start with a BS in marine biology or you could offer your self as bait.

Bait :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Fat:
thats thats relly cool what about socal

Scripps in La Jolla is one of the best known oceanographic schools in the country. It's tough to get in. I think its mostly graduate courses.

Fat:
im looking at doing research so i can dive all the time but i dont know what class i need for that or even how to get work any tips plz let me know

Work on your writing. Yes, it's just Scubaboard but you never know who you'll meet here. :wink:

DennisS:
Scripps in La Jolla is one of the best known oceanographic schools in the country. It's tough to get in. I think its mostly graduate courses.
Scripps is all graduate (with some minor exceptions).

If you want to do underwater research you need to complete a 100 your Scripps model training program. These programs are offered in many different forms at AAUS member institutions, and privately by a few retired Diving Safety Officers (like myself). Once you have completed such a course you will be eligible for Research Diver Status at an AAUS member institution, but such status is not granted automatically but only after testing, checkout and review by the institutional Diving Control Board. The real question though is not can you dive bur rather what research skills and training do you bring to the study site? Diving is just the bus we ride to work. Get a BS in biology, chemistry, physics, geology or meteorology with a marine emphasis. That’s your best path.

Take a look here, at the USC Wrigley Institute/Marine Science Center website for some ideas. . .

What is your dive background? How many dives do you have? You could put a little info into your profile to give us some basis for advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom