How do you get purchases by your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasean:
I think this thread is rather interesting....

I must have the right wife.....

I wanted a $300 speargun and she said "You've wanted a drysuit for awhile now, why don't you get it instead?" So, I obviously did get the [$2000] drysuit...

Then, six months later, she told me to buy the spear gun...

(!!)
WOW! I begged my wife for a pricey piece of equipment and she mumbled something about... the children ..must...eat...errr something like that..I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention after she said no.

For a while, I was going to put in another credit card machine with an account for "Larry's Transmission Service." That way our customers could come into the shop, and tell their wife, "Oh yea.. This Atomic B2, and hoseless computer got them both on sale - only $300. Here's the reciept from ScubaToys.com. But I'll be dammed if the darn transmission didn't start making some noise when I was leaving the shop, so I had to get it fixed... And that cost $900! I put that on my credit card. :wink:

jbisjim:
---begin transpission-----

shhh she is on to me, must hide this gear. Must lay low for a while, need to find a way to get a set of doubles.

the dog barks in red square at noon.

---end transmission------

A mate of mine works in a Scuba store and you would be surprised at the number of raffles (small lottery??) he wins at work. His wife thinks he is just plain lucky to keep winning all this new kit every month. :wink:

Regards

Mark

scubatoys:
For a while, I was going to put in another credit card machine with an account for "Larry's Transmission Service." That way our customers could come into the shop, and tell their wife, "Oh yea.. This Atomic B2, and hoseless computer got them both on sale - only $300. Here's the reciept from ScubaToys.com. But I'll be dammed if the darn transmission didn't start making some noise when I was leaving the shop, so I had to get it fixed... And that cost $900! I put that on my credit card. :wink:
Now THAT'S an idea!

scubatoys:

Ahhhhh A nice conspiracy....

I'm liking this...heh

On behalf of the IUBAOA (Independent Unattached Bachelors Association of America) I quote:

Advice offered on the following subjects will likely bring bad results:

Child-rearing "If those were MY kids . . ."
Marriage counseling "Well if I was in your position. . ."
Family heirlooms "Just think how much you could get for that on E-bay. . ."
Marital Financial matters "It's 'you're' money - just spend it. . . "

So being an active lifelong member in good standing with the IUBAOA I will refrain from offering any "wisdom" in this arena . . .

Tim

If Mr Mares wants to buy some knew dive equip, then that's fine by me......as I always end up getting some new dive gear too. :wink:

I never imagined this thread going this far but it's really simple for me
Just buy two of everything, his and hers, simple. OR give your wife your "hand me downs"
BUT never keep secrets from your wife, she's the one you're supposed to be telling the secrets to.-M

I always say "It was only $X. I couldn't leave it on the rack for that!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom