how many pairs of fins do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 pair, Plana Avanti Quattro for diving wet and a SP knock-off of rockets for diving dry. I have a lime green pair of Quattro knock offs as emergency spares that were $5 at a tag sale.

A 10 year old thread...... Force for diving and swimming.....

Dacor Turbo Flex
Mares Quattro
I stopped wearing these when I started using Force Fins. The comfort of the foot pocket and effortless power were a game changer.

Force Fin Hockey Fin ( flickable,powerful, maneuverable, best FF for frog kicking)
Force Fin Pro (great fin for open water, very comfortable, non-tiring in distance, efficient)
Force Fin Excellerator (the best fin I have ever owned for diving off the beach, diving against strong current, maneuverability, and covering a lot of ground)

My wife and I have been on dives in very strong current in our Excellerators and been the only people not ticked off at the divemaster. It’s almost like a three stage fin. You have an adjustable whisker ( to direct water flow and change the performance). The blade has a flexible end, so you can putt along with no effort. If you kick it hard, you use the thicker spine, which has a lot of snap to it. I mainly flutter kick with them, occasionally frog kicking with them. You can easily dive out to spots quite far from the shore without using all your air or beating up your feet. I can’t overemphasize how much the foot pocket lets you lay down the power without abusing your feet. If you are mainly a frog kicker, the hockey fins are the best FF for it.

One less, literally, than before Sunday...

View attachment 658208 View attachment 658209

I love the power plana's, the foot pocket is one of the best for my neanderthaler feet, but I detest the way the spring straps and bungee straps attach. I've had them come loose on me three times on about 100 dives with them when taking them off after a dive. Luckily I've not had them rip off yet.

That sounds tricky. It’s not fun worrying about losing your favorite gear in the surf. That happened to me once. My wife and I are huge fans of Force Fins. Some of them have a wraparound buckle fin pocket that I would imagine accommodates any foot size/ boot set up. I can’t speak to them personally, as all of our FFins have molded pockets, but we are extremely happy with them.

I love the power plana's, the foot pocket is one of the best for my neanderthaler feet, but I detest the way the spring straps and bungee straps attach. I've had them come loose on me three times on about 100 dives with them when taking them off after a dive. Luckily I've not had them rip off yet.

Never had any issues with bungee straps but the XR springs were s.it and fell off so easily I took them off.

Fifty

Just got my first Force Fins thanks Bob Evans, that I will learn to love and thrash over summer, working out pixie shoe sizes and bungee straps and then I'll go buy some more and have Force Fins as my go to for the rest of my diving life

Because your foot must be free to work and not be squeezed into a fin like a Bratwurst.

Yum!

Fifty

Just got my first Force Fins thanks Bob Evans, that I will learn to love and thrash over summer, working out pixie shoe sizes and bungee straps and then I'll go buy some more and have Force Fins as my go to for the rest of my diving life

Because your foot must be free to work and not be squeezed into a fin like a Bratwurst.

Yum!
50 You win again :acclaim:.
My total [now] X by 10.
No one [or is that 'Knowone" ?] Does it better.:p

full.jpg

full.jpg

Couldn't help messing with them

full.jpg

Bungee for streamlining ha ha ha ha ha yeah right

full.jpg

and the pixie shoe grind for easier insertion and perfect fit

full.jpg