How Many People Have Advanced Medical Training

What is your Advanced Level of Medical Training?

• Emergency Medical Technician

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • Paramedic

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • LPN

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • RN

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Physicians Assisitant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MD/DO

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windknot

Contributor
Reaction score
Training Above and Beyond what is offered from the local diving community and Red Cross?

I was a practicing paramedic for 10 years...stopped three years ago when my attitude, back and knees all started to fail.

Could you explain the abbreviations? :confused:

I'm ducth. Though I understand some english, these abbrevs don't they teach you here in high school. :nono:

BTW My medical education stops at PADI medic first aid :nurse:

Bye

EMT=Emergency Medical Technician
EMTP= Advanced Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic
LPN=Licensed Practical Nurse
RN= Registered Nurse
MD/DO = Medical Doctor/Doctor of Osteopathy

Nope. None of the above.

I did get a good blood-and-guts medical training from the good ol' U.S. Army. :mgun: Now I know how to treat sucking chest wounds and do a needle thoracotomy(sp?). :shootemup:

I was an EMT-A and American Heart Assoc CPR instructor for 6 years. (That was, however, 10 years ago) I also just took PADI's Medic First Aid course - really really basic - and I was thinking there should be a test-out option....but then again - these are skills that should be reviewed periodically (and PADI needs to make money somehow!). I do wish they would add 2 person CPR to the course - it's a skill you will probably use more often in the real world than one person CPR.

I was an EMT-M for a number of years until I let my license laps.
I haven't taken rescue through any agency's of yet, sure it would be alot easier than the EMT training :)

I think it would be a plus for divers to learn at least the basics for an emergency.

I'm an ex-EMT-B. I worked volunteer for awhile in college. Never did go back to finish the training. I admit I have forgotten alot but I'm sure there is alot I can remember.

I have found I have a harder time dropping into the zone I could get into when I was working.

Tom

Hi Windnot

I think your survey is a great idea to see who is at which level .

Unfortunately for me it doesn't cross correlate into British, Dutch, BS-AC, Military and German Training equivalents. I wish there was another way to measure skills, experience and qualifications in the medical world.

Aqaumore:doctor:

Arent we an ethnocentric bunch?

I should have remembered this board is international. Maybe you could relate in writing your skill level and I/we could try and figure where you fit on the "American" scale.

Wind

My apologies to anyone outside of the United States whose skills I may have inadvertently omitted in the structure and design of the Poll.

If you don't fit specifically into one of the categories listed above, please respond in writing instead.

Last time I dove I had two registered nurses, a paramedic (me) and an EMT. I know that the rest of the group was VERY secure in knowing that their medical needs could be addressed quickly and efficiently by the group.

Windknot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom