Votes: 46 25.1%
  • $4000 - $5000

Votes: 44 24.0%
  • my wife's gonna kill me

Votes: 50 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, you cold water divers really shell out for dry suits. One of them costs more than all the gear I use on one dive. I knew there was a reason I hate cold water.

That sounds about right; same as me:

DPV $4000
Drysuit $2000
Woolies $500
3 sets of doubles $2500
6 complete regs $4000
Argon bottle w/ DIN & reg $500
4 deco bottles w/ DIN $1000
2 backplates & wings $1000
4 steel 80s w/ DIN $1500
Lights $1000
2 computers & compass $1000
Tech certifications $2000

Total so far $21K+
and about to splash out on RB plus training another 12K

Scuba gear - drysuit - wetsuits - two backplates - tanks, regs etc. ~ $4,500 all gets used and I don't do tech diving.

Photo gear ~ $5,000 +

Boat ~ $15,000 + + +

Doesn't mean you can't do it for less, but it can be a great way to purge yourself of any excess cash you have floating around.

I spent $1500 last week on a video camera.
Ordered a set of twins, reg., and other stuff I am picking up tom. that I am figuring will be around $1500-2000. So I am figuring that I have spend over $3500 in a week. That doesn't even count the transpac and reg I got a few months ago, my first set of gear, speargun and dozen tanks I have. After reading this I think I need to start selling some stuff or dive more to lower the cost per dive.

I made a deal with my wife. I signed her prenup and she bought all my gear. :)

Just getting our initial kits together my wife and I spent $4,000 each. After that I stopped tracking how much this sport was sucking out of my bank account...

I'm way over your numbers, even at wholesale pricing. And I don't have a wife to ***** about it!

and about to splash out on RB plus training another 12K

Meng,

My tech store owner asked me if I wanted to go down the road of CCR now, and I told him that I had no need for it, since I already owned everything in open circuit that I ever needed, to go way deeper than I ever needed to go.

I think the CCR route makes sense financially only if you get into it early on, before all the open circuit tech purchases, right after basic nitrox and before deco. Or else if you really have a need to dive to 500 fsw. Or for professional video filming. And none of those is me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom