How much to taxi from Cancun to Playa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone-
We were trying to figure out how to include Tulum in our trip to Coz. The bus sounds a lot cheaper and I have heard of people doing this. I presume this is a 'regular' shuttle bus that could deal with luggage and drop us at the correct location, etc.
We usually fly directly to Coz, but we found some $150.00 RT plane flights that only go to Cancun. So this may be the year we hit the ruins! :cool2:LT

If you have a small group, you can take a taxi van and negotiate the price with the driver. About the same as the bus, and depending on the schedule, you can take the driver to lunch at his favorite restaurant on the way. The bus is comfortable, but you have to get your bags from the bus station to the ferry -- we usually hire the bicycle guys and follow the -- it's just a few blocks, but a bit too long for us to drag bags, especially if you have a lot of gear. Or are old, like us!

If you want to hit the ruins, here are three options. You can go the Cadillac route with Aerosaab. Expensive, but it saves a lot of vacation time.

The other two involve the ferry trip to PDC. My preference is Yukatreks. We have also used Altournatives. Both have very good day trips at extremely reasonable prices. Tulum is great for photos of ruins and the Carib, but is a shanty town compared to other Mayan cities. My favorite is Ek Balam.

Thanks everyone-
We were trying to figure out how to include Tulum in our trip to Coz. The bus sounds a lot cheaper and I have heard of people doing this. I presume this is a 'regular' shuttle bus that could deal with luggage and drop us at the correct location, etc.
We usually fly directly to Coz, but we found some $150.00 RT plane flights that only go to Cancun. So this may be the year we hit the ruins! :cool2:LT
When you say Cancun to PDC do you mean the Cancun Airport or Cancun City/Hotel Zone? The bus from the airport to PDC is the cheapest route, and very convenient. To take the bus from Cancun City or Hotel Zone you are going to need to first take a cab to the bus station. This would still be cheaper than a taxi but a bit more complex.

Is Cozumel your ultimate destination and you are thinking of hitting Tulum (presumably the ruins) on the way from the Cancun Airport? I'm not sure I would want to drag my luggage around with me at the ruins. It would be better to spend a night in PDC and use that as a jumping off point to Tulum.

I figured we could take the bus to PDC and then ferry to Coz on the way in.
We were going to Coz to dive and then maybe extend our stay a couple of days to get to Tulum on the way back. So yep, I would likely be staying in PDC so we could leave our bags, etc., and I would be on the mainland the day we fly out to avoid any missed connections due to ferry problems and the like. Looking at taxi or tour group to go to Tulum for the day.
:snorkel:

If you want to hire best taxi service, then you should contact with Oscar's Cancun Shuttle which provides best taxi service at Cancun. So you can get more details about how much it would cost to take a taxi from Cancun to Playa, you can see here: https://www.oscarcancunshuttle.com/rates/

Hope my recommendation help for you!

Back
Top Bottom