How often do you dive(teen divers online)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey dive_lover! Parents were born in singapore and malaysia and i've got a bunch of cousins there (my cousin just finished NS)...I love it out there but haven't been back since i was certified. Any suggestions on where to hit up when i get out there next?

While I'm no longer a teen (now 22 but certified for 6 years)...i only got to go on dive trips 1-2 times per year but made the most of them while i was there (ex. 10-12 dives in a week). Got 100+ dives now and am looking to do my DM but my full time job is kinda a drag...hoping to start a successful dive website and quit my day job (lofty hopes, but a girl can dream right?)

Hey, subaquaman, where are you from? I'm portuguese but came to college in Ireland (Galway) for this year.
I don't dive as much as I'd like to (does any of us do? :p ). In almost 5 years I have 100 dives. There are always choices to be done and I could have dived more but if had I wouldn't have my own gear now or taken so many courses. I either pay for all of this with my own money from part-time jobs or from my parents but in this case I'm out of birthday and Xmas presents for one or two years!
I'm not thinking of going pro with diving although I really like to help in classes.

Hi Lishen, I have not had the chance to go and venture further out to places like Sipadan or Pulau Perhentian,though they are on my list next year.The only places that i have dived in is Pulau Huntu,Tioman and Pulau Aur.I thought i should be asking you where to go ...hahaha:D, I'm planning to do my rescue soon.
Hey,dreams can come true, who knows?

Darren

Been certified since Jun. 03 since then have looged oh about 150 dives or so just in the great lakes and in the Bahamas.

Cheers Alex

When I started really getting all my dives was a year and a half ago when I started working in my dive shop. I get into the pool and help with classes very often. I have also started taking people out to our rock quarry and diving, I also take about 2 carribean trips a year with either the shop or my family. I have been certifed now for about 2 1/2 years and I belive I am on my 86th 87th dive, and have rescue diver cert.

I am also a teen diver, I got certified back in October. I went to Vortex Spring and Panama City Beach for my certification dives. The only diving I have done since then has been at the local pool. I hope that soon I may be able to go on an Open Water dive. Meanwhile, I am taking a Stress & Rescue (SSI) course. Well, I must get going.

Hope all is well,

Sparrowhawk

I just turned 18 so I'm doing my divemaster course but living in Ontario where it's frozen half the year makes it kinda hard to dive as often as I like (guess I should take up ice diving) but usually I'll get in 10 a year.
PS: if anyone around Toronto ever wants a dive buddy, let me know.

I have been diving since the end of july and i hav 10 dives logged...but hav got a holiday planned in which i will hopefully be getting a few more dives at least

I've not dived for quite some time now,due to a bad ear infection and also the north-east monsoon that effects the region i'm in.And to top it off, my X'mas trip to Sipadan was cancelled due to the fact that there was no economy seats on the flight i was supposed to be on and the business class seats were far too expensive.

I will only get to dive in late feb/early mar.Till then i have to sit tight.Only thing that i can look forward to is that i m going to take rescue then.Maybe i might do a packaged course of rescue and DM combined.

Dive Safe & Peace out Teen divers everywhere!:wink:

dive_lover88:
I've not dived for quite some time now,due to a bad ear infection and also the north-east monsoon that effects the region i'm in.And to top it off, my X'mas trip to Sipadan was cancelled due to the fact that there was no economy seats on the flight i was supposed to be on and the business class seats were far too expensive.

I will only get to dive in late feb/early mar.Till then i have to sit tight.Only thing that i can look forward to is that i m going to take rescue then.Maybe i might do a packaged course of rescue and DM combined.

Dive Safe & Peace out Teen divers everywhere!:wink:

I too will probably not be diving for a while, but for different reasons of course. At the Dive Shop which I go to, I didn't see a scuba trip scheduled anytime soon. I will most likely take a Stress and Rescue course sometime early next year. I had thought about going to Ginnie Springs (FL) though, but the trip is too expensive. I want to go to Honduras, but the trip to there is about $2,000 - $3,000 (it varies if you're a non-diver, certified diver, or a student diver) but that is way too expensive for me. Anyways, maybe I will be able to go some place out in the OW soon.

Hope all is well.

Sparrowhawk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom