How often do you dive(teen divers online)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g'day dsaxe,
good on ya!!! i m 16 too and i only got certified last year, good job on running the scubaclub, unfortnately i couldnt start up one since most of my mates are from the outback and not many of them are interested.
anyhow, nice to see more teen divers around.
cheers
kenny

Well, the SC is hard, but a lot of fun... I go to a pretty small school, so everyone knows me. Consitering the only local diving we have is below freezing, and certification is out of the question, we just push diving in general. Last year, we ran two discover scuba diving events for non-certified divers, a small event on a beach for certified divers (the water temp was in the 40s).
I have a little slogan, that seems cormy, but works to get people envolved. At the school's weekly meeting i almost always have some news and open it shouting, "WE"RE GOING DIVING!!!" and everyone laughs... :cool:
We also infuse the schoo with the diving culture. Once every two months we give out goldfish and dolphins and friends (a simular snack made of dolphins and fish)...
For haloween me and a few of my friends wear wetsuits to school, and other apparell.
We have a whole bunch of literature about diving and certification, which i can send to anyone, just PM me...
As for $$, the school gives us about $50 a year to do whatever, and we have raffles for whatever other $$ we want...
PM me if u have ?S

Wow, i congratulate you with your effort and commitment dude, i bet the rewards are great.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Patrick and i live on the east coast of Engand. I have been wanting to dive for years now - currently 16 and had my first taster last may. This means i have only been once, this was on holiday in the south west of ireland. I know i am inexperienced compared to you guys so i was wondering if you could give me any helpfull tips for SCUBA in general or advice in searching areas arond where i live. I realise that i am an extreme novice, but ive wanted to dive for absolute ages and when i actualy dived for the first time, i was in complete and utter awe. I don't think there is much point in you hearing this from me but i just wanted to tell you my story. The place i went to, to do the dive does qualifications in great masses www.beardiving.com i am thinking about doing the PADI one when i go again in may - your views would be greatly appreciated.

Patch!

Hey Patrick! Welcome to the Board. Good that you caught the scuba bug! I also got certified when i was 16...never looked back since. I'm a novice too...but as long as you have a heart and passion for diving, you will learn alot from the professionals and expert diver from the board(not me of course...but i did learn alot from them :D).

I was also PADI certified,my instructor was good and i learnt alot from him.Like most of the posters here would say,if you are looking for to learn diving,find a good instructor.My story was different from yours...my friend asked me to learn diving and i relied on him to give me the info...luckily we landed a good dive centre..till now i'm doing business with them because of their service. :wink:

Mind if i ask if your parents are supportive of you diving? My parents are supportive of me and i managed to get them to agree to sponsoring my training all the way to instructor hopefully a few yrs from now. :D

Why don't you try local diving? Maybe you could search around your area for a reputable dive school and get certified so you will not have to wait till may...just a suggestion.:06:

You could go and PM some SBers who resides around your area for some info.

All the best in your training and God bless...Peace out.:14:

Thankyou very much, i have a huge passion for the underwater world. My parents know what i want to do in life - towards marin biology, or SCUBA, either one is a possibility, and my parents, especially the mum is in great encouragement.

I am very keen to learn from others, basic, or expert knowledge, i will try and understand them all. The place i am thinking of to do a qualification is in ireland like i said. The main "man" who runs it was in one of the worlds biggest diving schools for 30 years i think in Cyprus, having talked to him before and spending time with himm underwater he seems like a possibility.

Local diving clubs - nearest one is about an hour away from me which isnt that bad i dont think, but i will need to research more and look closely into these things.

Starstruck*:
Wow, i congratulate you with your effort and commitment dude, i bet the rewards are great.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Patrick and i live on the east coast of Engand. I have been wanting to dive for years now - currently 16 and had my first taster last may. This means i have only been once, this was on holiday in the south west of ireland. I know i am inexperienced compared to you guys so i was wondering if you could give me any helpfull tips for SCUBA in general or advice in searching areas arond where i live. I realise that i am an extreme novice, but ive wanted to dive for absolute ages and when i actualy dived for the first time, i was in complete and utter awe. I don't think there is much point in you hearing this from me but i just wanted to tell you my story. The place i went to, to do the dive does qualifications in great masses www.beardiving.com i am thinking about doing the PADI one when i go again in may - your views would be greatly appreciated.

Patch!
Hi Patrick!

Welcome to Scubaboard! If you've the diving bug you've come to the right place. I started diving when I was 15 in pretty similar circumstances. Also couldn't help noticing where you plan to train! Diving here is great, especially west coast stuff- a lot of people consider it world class. I work for a PADI school on the east (where it's a little more muddy but where the marine life hides). If you've any questions about finding your way around the board, diving in Ireland or the inside on quality centres in the west... just PM me. That is click my name and choose send Private Message.

Whatever you decide to do in diving hope you enjoy it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom