How to fill my tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

after reading and giggling many many times my conclusion is that there are many people on this board that are in serious need to go diving. Admit it, you're having diving withdrawals! This is a thread about a non certified person wanting to dive. They need to get certified and all the problems go away. This has been an informative thread.......now go forth and blow bubbles, ya'll need some bottom time. Peace, out. Bill

Now you are ignorant of the product and both applications of the oil. Is this typical of american smoke or when not understanding principle or your belief in hollywood and pretend to know all but know very little. Maybe you would know more if Jesus take your wheel while your tyre is flat.

Mobil Rarus 800 oil is a European synthetic ester base lubricant that contains two chemicals not for breathing but perfect for high compressed air. One part phthalate ester and phthalic acid not used in Europe for breathing air and other is benzene dicarboxylic acid not used even for america breathing air with a limit of 5mg/m3 this information is well known not to use in diving.

For diving if you want to use Mobil oil Mobil Rarus 827 is preferred for breathing air and is approved for use in breathing air compressors both in Europe and america provided the air is passed through suitable filters and oil separators to ensure the removal of aerosol particles prior to discharge into breathing air filling stations.
Again no different for Bauer. So maybe just your bad idea to make you look like you know.
http://www.lubrifianti.com/documente-up/fisa-tehnica_81935.pdf
The manufacturer's information on 827 says it is not to be used in breathing applications.

https://www.mobil.com/en/industrial/Lubricants/Products/Mobil-Rarus-827

The document you link to is not from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer does not recommend it I would not personally take contrary advice from a Romanian distributor, particularly when there are other choices out there.

So far it is american information that is not trustable but if you prefer use a synthitic american brand
ultrachem USA make the same dieter or different brand

Huiles pour compresseurs Shell Corena
You apparently have some knowledge in this area. Like the OP, I do not. As a result, I need to have sources of information I can reasonably rely on.

If the manufacturer says do not use it for this application, I would not. I don't care if the manufacturer is American or not.

On the other hand, if the manufacturer said it was good but other sources said otherwise, I would not necessarily trust the manufacturer without doing further diligence.

The point is that when it comes to my health and safety, I will take the most conservative approach, the one that creates the least risk for me. I don't need to use products which engender any safety debate when there are products out there that are clearly suited to the application.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

OK, folks, here is the deal. Stay on the topic of the thread, not nationalities. That kind of 'stuff' can go in The Pub, if you wish, not here. All off-topic posts will be continue to be deleted.

Last edited:
OK we start again with new rule. Original conversation we discussed US distributor for the USA equivelent lubricant. You remember discussing farm yards?

But that is not technical enough so to be technical it was tour original suggestion to use as example Compressed Air Supplies and Equipment inc
800 Old Griffin rd #3 Dainia Florida 33004

and it was reply I suggested to get a technical view of the supplier to do a google map search. and see the type of supplier it is compaired to Mobil example.

Once you have done search and have technical view of supplier then read what information is stated

Compressed Air Supplies and Equipment INC. - Breathing Compressor Lubricants

Pick one from web page and then we get technical as instructed by our deleted ?
With no reference to farmyard or when american cow meet with French bull.

It was you who originally began the barnyard-based part of the discussion, n'est pas? (See Post #68.)

It is also you who asserted that a compressor recommended by the manufacturer to NOT be used for breathing air, used with the oil specified by the compressor manufacturer, which in turn the oil manufacturer recommends NOT be used for breathing air is a safe combination. I do not agree.

Now you seem to be asserting that when used with oil intended for breathing air compressor use, this compressor should be safe for compressing breathing air even though those are not its recommended lubricants. I do not agree with this, either. We still do not know this is safe. For example, we don't know whether it will get hot enough in any of its mechanical parts that are in contact with the air being compressed to create the harmful compounds that will pass through normal breathing air filtration systems with their combination of dessicant and molecular sieve (e.g, 13X), catalyst (e.g., monoxycon), and activated carbon. I posted a link to a list of such compounds that are attributable to high temperatures even when the right oils are used. As was discussed in another thread, external (e.g., IR or thermocouple) measurements do not measure the temperature of all the internal parts or the gas being compressed. We DO know the manufacturer recommends against the use you seem to think is safe.

I await your experimental results with an air test from a recognized lab, or a change in the manufacturer's recommendation, with interest.

2F63A38C-1B74-4B88-9E50-C5D1FCA89E35.jpeg
Any reputable scuba shop has their changes filters regularly and has their air tested by a third party regularly.

By the time you buy filters, media, O2, and CO2 restores and sensors you can not fill your own tanks for less. Let the pros do it.

Unless you want to build it right.

View attachment 465231 Any reputable scuba shop has their changes filters regularly and has their air tested by a third party regularly.

By the time you buy filters, media, O2, and CO2 restores and sensors you can not fill your own tanks for less. Let the pros do it.

Unless you want to build it right.
Is it wrong that this picture got me excited?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom