huh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.

I have tried to understand this but I dont. I refreshed my page as it had been open all night. I could not post. what does reload mean? Does it mean log in again? What is a token? Maybe most are tech geeks, I'm not. I guess I could google it.

I get that if something has changed in the page since I last loaded it. So, for example, if during the time a user has left a window open other people posted in the thread, and then the user tried to post before refreshing the thread, that message might appear.

The thing I have figure out to do is to press the back button to get to the page with the attempted new post typed into the frame, copy the text of the intended post, refresh the page, and then paste the copied text in the new post box (which is now blank).

I'm not sure exactly what a 'token' is, but I have the impression it's a check on the validity of accessing a page; it's as if the thread a user was looking at it no longer exists in the same exact form, so the user needs to get the updated version of it before being allowed to amend it further.

I've never seen it before. I use Firefox

It simply means to reload or refresh the page. On most browsers this is done by clicking on an icon consisting of an incomplete circle made from an arrow. Hitting <ctrl>+<r> at the same time will perform the same function as well as flush the cookies and tokens for the site you are on. This can be a real help if you are having loading issues.

Back
Top Bottom