Humbolt Squid -LA Times

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We need to send Claudette off to the get the PADI Sigourney Weaver Alien Smashing Certification.

orangelion03:
Awesome fish man! I just sent that link to my girlfriend and she's ready to book a boat! And while she's out baiting hooks, I'll head over to wreck alley...

Ready for this ...dude regularly catches these size Yellows from... get this his Kayak...right off of Scripps Pier. He since has been hired by "The Log" and posts fishing reports in the fsport fishing section.

Imagine the squid that monster consumed down in the canyons to get to that size as a home guard-amazing

Imagine a January night in Redondo. You hit the squid eggs at 90 fsw. They are the size of footballs. You shine your light on one of them and it starts to open, ready to shoot something at you that will wrap your face and not let go. Suddenly it explodes and you look to see Sigorney Weaver with the Daisy Red Rider Alien Squid Gun. Another LA night dive.

LAJim:
Imagine a January night in Redondo. You hit the squid eggs at 90 fsw. They are the size of footballs. You shine your light on one of them and it starts to open, ready to shoot something at you that will wrap your face and not let go. Suddenly it explodes and you look to see Sigorney Weaver with the Daisy Red Rider Alien Squid Gun. Another LA night dive.

At least it would make diving Vet's interesting..... And I know it's usually 54F in Jan, but can she still be in a bikini?

That article reminded me of the altered oceans articles last year... what happens when things go out of balance. (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/oceans/la-oceans-series,0,7842752.special)

The humboldt squid look pretty amazing! It would certainly get my pulse going a bit faster if I saw some while diving.

As for personal armament, how about an underwater taser? You could be your own personal electric eel.:eyebrow:

I'm going to check the Second Amendment to the Constitution to see what the original intent of the founding fathers was in terms of scuba divers bearing arms to defend themselves against killer squid. I interprete the passage about well regulated militias to be the legal authority behind GUE team concepts.

LAJim:
I'm going to check the Second Amendment to the Constitution to see what the original intent of the founding fathers was in terms of scuba divers bearing arms to defend themselves against killer squid. I interprete the passage about well regulated militias to be the legal authority behind GUE team concepts.
Er ... they have many more arms than you do.

LAJim:
We need to send Claudette off to the get the PADI Sigourney Weaver Alien Smashing Certification.
Too crude. Undoubtedly done while vertical in the water column, using a BamBam club on a retractor clipped to a poodle jacket.

I'll go for the Demi Moore GUE mini:
"Pithing a Squid with the DIR busted-off steak knife."

In trim.
Knife in right hand away from stage bottles and clipped-off scooter.
Left hand on arm of OOA buddy breathing off my primary.

If this stuff was easy, anyone could do it :crafty:

'Chica

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom