Humbolt Squid -LA Times

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calamari_steak.pdf

Here are some links to a show that will be on Discovery Channel this month. You guys can watch the show and then tell us what you think.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=1.14591.25229.30536.x

Real attack footage, not fake, not made up.

for those of you who think that armor is not necessary or that the Sea Wolves team is just hype, you can tune in and see for yourself.

When you see our groups in armor it is out of respect for the ocean and its occupants, not to make a scene....:no

GTB

Cool I'll set my TiVo...

Rogue Nature
Squid

Mexican fishermen call the Humbolt squid the "Red Devil" and tell tales of squid who pull fishermen from their boats and kill them. To get to the bottom of this legend, Dave dons a chain mail suit and scuba gear to catch these predators in action.

Direct TV Listings
Tuesday, April 17 7:00 PM PDT278 DSC
Tuesday, April 17 11:00 PM PDT278 DSC

ICY ICE:
Cool I'll set my TiVo...

Rogue Nature
Squid

Mexican fishermen call the Humbolt squid the "Red Devil" and tell tales of squid who pull fishermen from their boats and kill them. To get to the bottom of this legend, Dave dons a chain mail suit and scuba gear to catch these predators in action.

Looks like they changed the show time to 8pm PST for Friday Apr. 20th.

I wish they would just show it already, Im really interested to see how it turned out and how they portray the animal.

CompuDude:
Is the Rogue Nature show much different from the "Red demon" DVD I picked up?

Yes,

The DVDs Search for the Red Demon, and Demonio Rojo are both about the reasons that the diving with the Squid began and what we are doing now. Those DVDs adress other questions about the animal.

The show tonight is about a TV host of a series called Rogue Nature. He is traveling the world looking for Rogue animals and investigating weather the stories are true. Our episode that we were involved in was the Squid. The host of the Show Dave Salmoni was a new diver with less than 10 dives under his belt when he called us.

Because he was a new diver, this is a great show to watch to see what really happens on a dive with the Humboldt Squid. In his search to find out the truth we take him under in a spot that has VERY agressive shoals of squid. Most of our regular dives we stay out of that area unless people requested to get attacked (yea, I said it, REQUEST TO BE ATTACKED:confused: )

We train him first by having him meet the inventor of the Armor, Jerimiah Sullivan. At the Neptunic Headquarters. Then we get him attacked by German Shepards to get him ready for an attack by squid. Then we go diving. Im not sure what the show will be like because I had no part in the editing or production other than Saftey diver and U/W Camera.

I am having a small party at my place to watch it. I hope they do a good job.

GTB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom