I.D. Your Fossils

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiton4.jpg

Looks like a chiton. Takes like chicken!

Reef haven, I think you're right. How could there be a thousand species of something I've never even heard of??? Thanks.

Edit: Have you eaten one and do they taste like chicken?

Last edited:
Fossilbabe asked me to post this...I found it while diving Devil's Den here in Florida.

Attachments

• IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 179
Fossilbabe asked me to post this...I found it while diving Devil's Den here in Florida.
This is a rabbit jaw with teeth

FYI if anyone out there needs anything ID and need to get a hold of me I have a new toll free number (888) 889-7578. You will be able to send picture mail to that number and I will be able to
let you know what fossil it is. You can also go to my website. Main Page | Fossil Babe and some of the fossils have id on it as well. I'm here for you!

My son found this diving the other day.... It seems to be some sort of vertebrae

Attachments

• alahambra 003.jpg
    alahambra 003.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 79
  • alahambra 001.jpg
    alahambra 001.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 67
Scott you are correct it is a Atlas Vertebra, I cant tell from the picture of which animal. Great find and thanks for sharing. Dont forget to clean it or if you going to keep it the way it was found, let it dry out before you preserve it with something. fossilbabe

The first picture is a Mammoth spit tooth the bone looks to be whale.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom