I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So much to do! I really don't need this.
The knee continues to be problematic. I'm not just limping at this point.

However, when I let Ma~ out this morning, I was happily greeted with 'crisp' weather. Oh, that's nice. I'm going to let the aspirin/motrin cocktail kick in a bit and then hobble back out to the workshop. "Slow" is better than "no".

@The Chairman - take a day off dude, sit, pack the knee with ice, sip some moonshine ( there is plenty up there). You have a long time to get that stuff done.

I'm looking for inexpensive windows. The Jalousie windows are all missing panes, are too small, and hell: they're Jalousie windows. Where does one get used windows???

Jalousies have some drawback; not very secure, they don't seal well, and they are a bit dated, but.....

They offer the key advantage of being nearly 100% open area for air flow. That's hard to achieve with most window designs. If you are relying on natural air flow for ventilation they may be worth keeping. Any good glass shop should be able to source / make louvers.

Tobin

Come on down! :D I won't turn anyone away, and I'm more than generous in return.
I would love to be able to!!! I just got home from a project in, Kill City,,,Chicago, and need to catch up on my own "stuff"!! I was just making a suggestion and if I can swing it, I will be down when I get caught up!! That is a promise!! Best wishes and don't over do it!

C
Jalousies have some drawback; not very secure, they don't seal well, and they are a bit dated, but.....

They offer the key advantage of being nearly 100% open area for air flow. That's hard to achieve with most window designs. If you are relying on natural air flow for ventilation they may be worth keeping. Any good glass shop should be able to source / make louvers.

Tobin
casement windows give you the best of both worlds but open out which could be a problem if they are open when the surprise shower pops up.

Revelation of the day: I have fox squirrels. Sherman Fox Squirrels to be precise and they are HUGE and cool.

They are cool, I had none at the river house but lots at Ginnie.

Revelation of the day: I have fox squirrels. Sherman Fox Squirrels to be precise and they are HUGE and cool.

That's very cool. There used to be one I would see out at Ginnie in the 90s.

I have only seen one since moving back to the area two years ago. I hope to see more soon!

**I have seen used and new surplus windows for sale on Craigslist and you might check out the "Re-Store" in Gainesville.

Last edited:
C

casement windows give you the best of both worlds but open out which could be a problem if they are open when the surprise shower pops up.

Out swinging Casements are one of the few choices that offer 100% open area. (I spec'd them for my current house), but the Jalousies have a huge advantage being "already owned" and "already installed" :)

Tobin

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom