I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh man! that's my dream property! Now if the kids would just hurry up and move out of the house so I can move down there! lol

Lot's of room down here... just not on my land! :D :D :D But really, there are plenty of 5 acre and 10 acre lots that are way cheap. It works out well if you work from home, but Lake City is only 20 minutes away and Gainesville is about twice that. Suwanee County has one of the lowest property taxes in Florida which is like 9th in the country.

Cats are cool, but where are the goats, there ought to be goats.
( I know, don't bother, they're here)

Cats are cool, but where are the goats, there ought to be goats.
( I know, don't bother, they're here)
That's clowns you are thinking of, not goats... :p

Summer sure is hot here! I almost feel like I'm in the Keys again... but this is way prettier. As some of you know, I've had lyme disease for over 20 years now and recently went through 17 days of hell as they ran multiple antibiotics through me. I'm still recovering and am hoping they finally killed it. Today was my second circumferential walk about since the ordeal and I had a bit more company. Mishka had his first walkabout and he seemed to like it.

View attachment 477306

Running along the north border...

View attachment 477307

The squirrels are always fatter on the other side of the fence.

View attachment 477308

The grey tiger in the Serengeti is ready to attack its prey
You can see him panting in the heat

View attachment 477309

Are we there yet?

View attachment 477310

I waited right here!​
Hi Pete,

Do you have a thread on the board explaining your Lyme disease situation? I would like to know the details, especially when you were diagnosed with it.

markm
PS: your tiger in the Serengeti looks to dangerous for me, I'll stay clear!

I have to say that I've been feeling a lot better as of late. I seem to have recovered from the "cure" and hopefully it took out the Lyme as well. This past week and weekend I've been getting ready for Hurricane Michael... and I didn't even know he was a coming! All that work I did with the farm jack last winter and the tractor is just easier and somewhat simpler.I took out poles, trees, jungle gyms, scrub... you name it. It all went on the burn pile which will be torched a bit later today.

upload_2018-10-8_7-18-57.png

upload_2018-10-8_7-19-44.png

upload_2018-10-8_7-20-26.png

upload_2018-10-8_7-21-4.png

upload_2018-10-8_7-21-46.png

upload_2018-10-8_7-23-30.png

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom