I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A clarification... I don't have to screw in a large lag bolt with the tractor. I wrap my tow strap around the post, with a loop back cinched at the bottom. I hook the other loop to a tine on the grapple and away she goes. It takes a lot less time and effort to do than the farm jack. I'm in such better shape than I was when Irma threatened me a little over a year ago. Here are some pics of what she looks like now. BTW there's a rainbow in the first pic... look hard and you'll see it.

upload_2018-10-8_7-30-33.png

upload_2018-10-8_7-32-39.png

upload_2018-10-8_7-40-11.png

data=8klKvZAGRqfUBmt6nL_MxLpsbErBtz0p-MiQm5YZbFjpkESptWIbOYasoQCNSzIbPvZru8M8hS1QbOCJIz43HKeBz2Lhb-ugtyDNzYAUPvZAhndpCJ1ZFWcK1wFznvCcIJNUqasmmDLMnbOXueVyVGLhkvBEC6Pd26dj4oGBrJzTX91aSQOvgQcsmLHigYCp7t58tfvj72Syzyihl8mFkfl-8xbOXq80smbfL0yrx8Pn7PQD5Apt

Hurricane Michael's projected path (I'm the blue dot)

Thar's a hurricane a'comin! Well, its name is Michael, so I guess it's a Himicane! :D I have spent the last two days getting ready... sort of. It's hard to work outside when it's pelting. I still have a month's work to get my property really, really ready, but then I'd be done working on it. :D :D D It is what it is. I'm out of time and energy for the time being. It hasn't rained since yesterday about fiveish. I woke only to have a discussion with Natasha that this was going to be an "inside day". She copped some cattitude, but kitties don't belong out in a storm. It was 0darkthirty when I went out to check the weather and it was a dead calm so I let the cats out. Pretty eerie when you consider what's coming. I'm not in the cone zone, but I am just inside the tropical storm warnings. Still, I want to double check my preparations: Batteries are charged or charging, water containers are full, the store that was packed yesterday was empty of people this morning. I was out seeing who was going to be open and was pretty happy to see it fairly well stocked. The cookie aisle was decimated, but I'm not here for cookies. Tinned chicken, ramen, groceries for the week and I'm out of there.

It's 10:00 am, the morning mist has turned into a light, light drizzle. The cirrus clouds are moving fast and the winds are just beginning to stir here on the ground. I did my last walk of the 11 acres before the storm a half hour ago. There's still a lot of potential missiles, but there's just no time. Sweaty from all the cleaning I've done this morning, took a shower and am watching the weather channel. Not sure why, as I can see the weather right from where I'm sitting! :D :D :D Ma~, Natasha and Mischka all have butt monkeys. They are bouncing off the walls. I pity the hurricane that gets in their way! :D I'll post here as I have power. I don't think I'll have any outages. Like I said, I'm at the ragged edge of tropical storm warnings. I think Irma will have had more impact on me, but time will tell on that prediction.

Caveat... This has been a warm summer and beginning of fall. We have been 7 to 10 degrees above normal since I can't remember when. The previous record had been 82 days with the temps not falling below 70. This year we went 117. Wow. Apparently though, this hurricane will be sucking in a cold front and I'm promised a low of 55 or so on Saturday. That weatherman better keep his promise. I'm ready for fall.

Update... the winds are almost impossible to walk against without laughing. A whopping 5 knots or so. Again, I'm the blue dot. FWIW, I'm hunkered down with 3 roudy hooligans, watching the "Hurricane Heist". Hmnnn, any other weather related flicks to watch?

data=0UAL5O20x6QNelz6x5BHowSZr6qkValZWikCfc_q4vKk2jWBdHOGNCBMONQ6rUXusnU5m-X3JZqGXhjNEI0inrnFX93SRi3yMPtLHCZIe9C6ALEb84il2WdqV1v3jgTZN4gGIL2eptnV85IFb9EQ8MhYQIw-T55Y65ZLERlDv9Pg_VzILnyA_QNB-wy2T2252Wjc4Suz8Q493mxkn9FbH4GxOlqPJbZISsCdI7dbxS04tqqU0VfH

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom