I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parts washer hopefully being a High Pressure Steam Cleaner at around 1800psi and 625°F. Anything else is nice, but not nice enough.

Michael
Nope, plain ol' car parts washer in the ag-shed. I have a lead on some naptha solvent.

Brake Cleaner works better than Naptha
It's too volatile for my needs and I can't reuse it. I want something that will recirculate the cleaner over and over and that's not quite as hard on my hands when I'm rebuilding something.

I've spent a bit of time looking at a shed builder's plans on the internet, now I have to start planning something smaller than a convention center that fits in my backyard.
If you need someone to make Barn style trusses, just let me know.

I've kept my Hustler Raptor SD 60" mower, more or less standard. It's a mower after all. However, there were a few things I felt I had to add to make my mowing life a bit more tolerable...

Front Tow Eye...

As many a time as I have had to tow my ZT back to the Ag-shed because of their horrible belt design, I decided to add an eye up front to hook into. Remember to put the mower into neutral (pull the pins out in the rear, and steering handles to center). This was taken during the installation process and another 3/8"-16 bolt was installed just after this was taken...

full?d=1584184626.jpg

Rear hitch...

I tore the hole out of the rear trying to tow my ZT back to the Ag-Shed one day. I don't pull a lot with it, as the hydrostatic transmissions are a bit weak, but I can now do it in style. I added a 2x2" 11 gauge angle iron behind the rear guard and added a Hitching Post. The first picture is during installation as I'm fitting it to the mower. I marked and cut the angle iron to follow the sheild, which can be seen in the second pic and held it together with a couple of 3/8"-16 bolts.

full?d=1584184626.jpg

full?d=1584184626.jpg

Lid & USB Socket...
Finally, I spend 8 hours on my Hustler every other week during peak mowing season. To protect my hearing, I put my Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones on my head and my phone in the Right Rear cubby hole so I can listen to tunes and answer any phone calls. The problem is that the phone gets hot, hot, hot in the Florida Sun, incredibly dirty and also gets low on charge. I added a plastic lid on top and a USB outlet inside to rectify that...

full?d=1584183388.jpg

full?d=1584183388.jpg

12V Socket...
Finally, I added a standard 12V socket just to the left of my seat so that I can use a 12V transfer pump to fill it with fuel...

full?d=1584183388.jpg

Both outlets are fused and attached to the top of the 12V feed into the solenoid. The USB outlet also gives me a voltage read on my battery. It will be a bit easier to diagnose charging/starting issues with that info. You can also see that I put PSI stickers by each tire, so that I don't have to try to read the side of the tire each time.

It's Corona time... I can't dive, so I'm on to doing more projects around the house. Any input on this would be appreciated.

I have a Leaning Tower of Water (tank). You can see the stress on both input and output pipes, but especially on the output. I had noticed that the output pipe went from 3/4" to 1/2", where all the plumbing comes out of the ground at 3/4". You can see in the last picture, that there were several repairs, probably done as the tank shifted. The tank sits on a single, rather thick concrete block. I've got to dig around it a bit more to be sure that it's still in one piece.

full?d=1584740840.jpg

full?d=1584740840.jpg

full?d=1584740840.jpg

full?d=1584740840.jpg

I want to do this 'right', so that it will stop shifting. I also want to centralize things. You know, all the valves in one area. I have two right now, but I could see adding a third. I would like to locate them to the other side of the tank where the pump is. That way, I could have one opening in the enclosure to check things out. I also like the flange connection on the input side and think I want the same thing on the output. Obviously, it would be in 3/4" pipe as well.

Speaking of the enclosure, the old one was a wishing well style, with this tilted tank in the center. Dorky? Uber dorky! I want to make something more reminiscent of an outhouse, with a moon on the door and all. I have a tub sink there, and I want to add a potting table to it for my sister to use. This would be behind the enclosure and mostly out of site. I want to add some concrete pillars for the sink, so it will sit flat. While I'm at it, I want the enclosure to be justified with either the house or the workshop. It's not square with either at this point and since it's closer to the workshop, I'll probably use that. Finally, the roof of the enclosure will need to cover the sink and table. I'm tired of cleaning leaves out of the sink. :(

So, give me your ideas about...
Stabilizing the pad.
Dos and Don'ts for the plumbing side (but I think I got that).
Enclosures. Don't forget pics!​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom