i keep going back and forth oxycheq or dive rite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree, check out DSS stuff. And if your tall like me, one of their back plates would end up fitting you MUCH better.

I don't think I'm going to go with dss, I asked tobin if his wing would fit a Dr backplate and if it didn't could I return it if it was brand new and he told me that they don't sell trials and I should bring my business else where. I'm actually thinking of the hog 32# wing, the oxycheq still seems good but only a 2year warranty and terrible customer service made me change my mind real fast. I'm gonna order from scubatoys so if I don't like the hog ill get the oxycheq.

I have the Oxycheq Mach V 30lb and love it and without issues... I also bought one for my wife...!!! I recommend them as it was recommended to me a couple of years ago...

I have nothing but good things to say about this wing as it has been everywhere with me from the NC coast to Bonaire to Roatan and in two weeks; The Cocos... but I can not compare the two since I have never dove a dive rite...!

lee

I don't think I'm going to go with dss, I asked tobin if his wing would fit a Dr backplate...

And what was his answer?

...and if it didn't could I return it if it was brand new and he told me that they don't sell trials

Tobin is very precise with the support and information he gives. He'll know if his wing fits an X,Y or Z backplate. He won't sell kit that won't work for the customer. I appreciate and applaud that he'd rather lose a sale, than risk disappointing a customer.

Why would he need to sell a 'trial', when his sales support is so honest and forthcoming?

...and I should bring my business else where.

Does kind of hint that more was said, than is stated here :wink:

He said "I don't know if it will fit a 3rd party plate" and I'm not angry just saying what was said. I think I would only be disappointed if it didn't fit and he didn't allow me to return it. But hey it is what it is, so yeah thoughts on hog anyone?

If you're seriously interested in the DSS wing but concerned about whether it will work with a DR backplate I can take my DR aluminum plate, put my DSS wing on it, and take some pictures for you. Normally my single tank wing lives on a steel halcyon plate and my doubles wing is on the alu plate.

Let me know if this would be useful.

Atticus, I appreciate the offer but I think I made my mind up with hog and 2nd choice oxycheq. Thank you for offering though.

If you are going to use a single adapter with your plate, then both the Oxycheq and the Dive Rite will work. I believe the new Oxycheq single tank wings have a built in set of tubes that serve the same purpose as a STA. The Oxycheq can be used with or without the STA, the Dive Rite will require one (I know some divers just strap it all to the plate without one).

I have owned a Dive Rite wing, I currently own a DSS wing and an Oxycheq wing (signature model). My wife owns two DSS wings.

To answer your question: Between Dive Rite and Oxycheq, I'd recommend the Oxycheq. As was mentioned above by another poster, they have a better (more streamlined) shape.

I'd recommend a DSS wing over the Oxycheq and Dive Rite.

A Dive Rite plate will work with a DSS wing.....IF.....you are using a single tank adapter. The cam band slots on the DSS wing may not be spaced the same as the cam band slots on the Dive Rite plate. If using a STA the the cam band slots on the wing are a non issue.

-Mitch

To answer your question: Between Dive Rite and Oxycheq, I'd recommend the Oxycheq. As was mentioned above by another poster, they have a better (more streamlined) shape.
I agree. I realize that your primary choice now appears to be a Hog (wiuth which I have no experience), with Oxycheq as a alternative. But, I thought I would add a 'plug' for the Oxycheq. I have quite a few Dive Rite wings, a couple of Halcyons, and an Oxycheq Signatrure 50 (which I use with double AL80s), The Oxycheq is far and away the most streamlined, the construction is not only bomb-proof but appears to reflect better craftmanship (MUCH better stitching than either DR or Halcyon), and it is my personal preference. I teach through a LDS that is not an Oxycheq dealer, so I use the Oxycheq primarily for non-shop diving, and not for LDS-related teaching and charters. If we were an Oxycheq dealer, I think I would go exclusively with their wings.

Back
Top Bottom