I Love my new BP/Wings setup!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea,
My advcie would be to someone, anyone, if you think you want to go to a BP and wings, try and dive one at first. Now, this isn't always easy sicne most people wouldn't want anyone messing with their harness once its all set up and such, but, if your reason for going to a BP and wings are:

1. Want a more holistic/simplier BC...

2. Want less drag in the water and more streamlining...

3. Want a modular, bombproof system...

4. Want to get some weight off your waist or BC...

5. Want a rig that can do anything and everything well, such a rec diving, deep diving, wreck, cave or ice...

6. Want less bother and fuss gearing up...

7. Want less 'danglies'...

GO get a BP and wings and just dive, dive, dive! The more you use them the better it seems to get! Especially once you get the hang or where everything is, and you get past that 'plastic do-dad' mentality of Fastex this-and-that...

My rig is absolutely bombproof....and its the best thing I've tried so far! I dove SP, Mares, AquaLung and Zeagle BC's....and not one of them matches my rig for simplicity, ability to grow with me or dependability.

..at least, thats been my experience, so far, with it....

Originally posted by gomez

PS. Gearhead - You a father yet??? [/B]

Hey Gomez, et al,

It finally happened yesterday! :D

After a week of contractions and false alarms, she was born yesterday morning at 11:13 am. We named her "Sydney Lauren" and she was 7lbs even, and 20" long. I'll post a few pics in the non-diver-related-info forum before this weekend.

Now I can finally try to make some plans for getting back in the water!

And yes, I'm hoping to one day take little 'Sydney' diving near her namesake city.
:)

congrads gearhead. I have a10 and 3 year old and they change your live forever. I don't know if this your first or not, but enjoy her they grow up way too fast.

Have any of you used your BP/wings in Caribbean diving? I ask because of the weight of the BP. I normally dive with 12#, which is less than the BPs mentioned. Seems there would also be a problem with flipping over. Are there plastic BPs?

I currently rent my gear at the travel destination but I am getting tired of renting junk. What really got my interest up is the weight harness. Can that be used with a jacket BC?

Thanks, and sorry if I'm repeating any previous inquires.

I ask because of the weight of the BP. I normally dive with 12#, which is less than the BPs mentioned.

Why not go with a 6# BP (halcyon SS or FredT) and then just wear 6# on your weightbelt? Alternatively, you can get an aluminum plate which is around 2# I believe.

Thanks

I just visited the Halcyon.net site and now have an idea of a BP/wings rig. Are there any previous posts that contain preferences for BP/wings vs. the new wing BCs?

Thanks again,

In this conference (Buoyancy Compensators) search in the title field only for "BP/Wing", "Wing" and "plate".

That'll give you literally doznes of notes to look at.

Roak

Originally posted by GearHead

Hey Gomez, et al,

It finally happened yesterday! :D

After a week of contractions and false alarms, she was born yesterday morning at 11:13 am. We named her "Sydney Lauren" and she was 7lbs even, and 20" long. I'll post a few pics in the non-diver-related-info forum before this weekend.

Now I can finally try to make some plans for getting back in the water!

And yes, I'm hoping to one day take little 'Sydney' diving near her namesake city.
:)

Gearhead...congrats to you and yours with the safe arrival of "Sydney" (BTW pretty name for a beautiful baby)...I hope your life with your new family is filled with joy and happiness............From one proud Dad to another........Tim

Originally posted by Butch103

Gearhead...congrats to you and yours with the safe arrival of "Sydney" (BTW pretty name for a beautiful baby)...I hope your life with your new family is filled with joy and happiness............From one proud Dad to another........Tim

Thanks very much Tim and Scubanole.

Here's a link to a thread with her picture in the non-diver-stuff forum:
New Diver in the Family

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom