I need new fins - My Tusa Imprex fins are WAY too stiff. Please help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luvs2Dive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a new diver and last year I bought some Tusa Imprex Tri-Ex fins. I hate them! They are soo stiff. It's exhausting to the point where I can't even use them. Does anyone have any recommendations on some good fins that don't take SO much effort? I'd REALLY like some in black & pink but that's probably asking too much lol.

Thanks for you help,
Rachael

I'm a new diver and last year I bought some Tusa Imprex Tri-Ex fins. I hate them! They are soo stiff. It's exhausting to the point where I can't even use them. Does anyone have any recommendations on some good fins that don't take SO much effort? I'd REALLY like some in black & pink but that's probably asking too much lol.

Thanks for you help,
Rachael

Same problem my wife had with her Imprex's.....Solution: she went to the Duo Velocity splits & really likes them---good in currents & she says 'soft feeling' on her skinny calves(don't tell her I said that----lol)...click link(good price also)...

EDIT:....ooops, just read the part about pink---no pink though, only ? blue & yellow...
Aeris Velocity Duo Split Fins

Try the Tusa splits. I love them! Easy on the knees and move you through the water well.

I've been diving jets for 15 years, same pair. I think using anything other than scubapro jet fins, is like masturbation...it may be fun, but it is a waste of time! LOL
Oh, I don't think they come in pink...I'm a guy, so if you can't look cool doing it, dont bother!

I've been diving jets for 15 years, same pair. I think using anything other than scubapro jet fins, is like masturbation...it may be fun, but it is a waste of time! LOL
Oh, I don't think they come in pink...I'm a guy, so if you can't look cool doing it, dont bother!

See, you don't know what you might be missing---Everyone gets stuck in ruts, occasionally.....

Hi Rachael
I'm as about as green as it comes to diving but I have put a lot of research into what I have purchased.For fins both my wife and myself have the Oceanic V16 splits and we absolutely love them. I have only used them on 2 open water dives one 35 min and the other about an hour and absolutely no discompfort in fact you hardly feel them. I also tried the atomics and they were great fins as well but in the end we got the Oceanics.
Corry

I have Tusa X-pert Zooms and love them! I used them in Hawaii and constantly outswam the divemaster! It takes very little effort to go far and fast. They are split fins so if you dive in a silty bottom, they tend to stir up the bottom if you don't have good buoyancy. I actually have two sets, one for warm water, one for cold...

Thank you all for your responses! Well after hours of researching I think I've decided on the Atomic split fins and subframe mask both in pink and black. :) Definitely pricey but the reviews on both seem outstanding.

I've got Jet fins but I've hear great things about bio-fins. My friends rave about them.

Back
Top Bottom