IANTD self-sufficient diver course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jago

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello everybody.

I have not found many informations about this course. Do you consider is-it for Rec or Tec solo-divers ? How many days and dives does it take ? What are the topics and skills covered by this course?

Last edited:
What IANTD self-sufficient course? Were you thinking of TDI?

flowchart.jpg

What IANTD self-sufficient course?

If I know the answer to this question, this thread won't exist. :)

Were you thinking of TDI?

No, one of my friends is a SDI solo instructor and I know what he teaches when someone takes the SDI solo diver course.

I posted the IANTD training course flow-chart with my last post- but not sure if it is visible. There isn't a "Self-Sufficient Diver" course mentioned on it.

I also googled, but couldn't find a reference to it. However, there was a lot of references about IANTD Trimix course focusing on creating self-sufficient divers.

IANTD Trimix Diver Course - Purpose

This Program is designed for those individuals already involved in deep diving activities, but is not intended to be used as an enticement to divers who are content to remain in Sport or EANx diving limits.
Trimix affords a safer means for deep-water exploration for divers who dive deep or perform with a clear head at depth. The IANTD Trimix Diver Program requires the diver to be self-sufficient/reliant.
The knowledge and skills taught in this program are more than adequate to qualify divers to perform Trimix Dives outside of training up to 333 fsw (100 msw).

IANTD Advanced Recreational Trimix Diver
The foundation program for safe self sufficient diving. The IANTD Advanced Recreational Trimix program covers the core skills from the technical diver training programs including the use of dual outlet single cylinders or twinsets with central isolation manifolds and decompression skills and procedures using bottom mixes of Recreational Trimix with oxygen contents between 21% and 40% with a maximum pO2 of 1.5 bar, combined with a helium content to yeild an Equivelent Narcotic Depth (END) no greater than 24 msw (80 fsw).

Here's a link to the IANTD training course flow chart.

I have already found the "self-sufficient" mention in the Tx courses. :D

But in the post #4 I show a proof of the existence of this course.

Think he's got you there, Andy - What does it mean?

Attachments

• IANTD Self-Sufficient.JPG
    IANTD Self-Sufficient.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 263
According the that PDF they also have Underwater Modeling and Underwater Theatrical Performer. If that's real ... new to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom