If considering a purchase from ScubaDiverGreg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can purchase a warranty for nealy any kind of camera, cell phone, or small electrical item through SquareTrade. Here is there link, SquareTrade Warranties | Extended Warranties for 70% Less Than Retail | Electronics Insurance. The item does not have to be purchased on Ebay, it can be purchased from anyone and anywhere, including the big box electronic stores like Best Buy. I just purchased a warranty for a camera I bought on Ebay, and then I purchased a warranty for a cell phone I bought directly from TMobile. It was fast and easy, great coverage also. For your particular problem it would of course be unscrupulous to purchase a warranty for the camera now, however, keep this warranty information in mind for future purchases. The guy treated you wrong, that really sucks. Good luck.

Hello fellow forum members,

Looks like there's been alot of mud being slung my way. I'd like to clarify a few things. First of all, I don't really appreciate having my name posted in the title like that. I would rather not have my name posted blatantly on the Internet like that. Secondly, I noticed someone above mentioned that it did not come "sealed". I received the camera without any sort of plastic wrapping directly from where I bought it. Lots of electronics come in boxes you can open and close. Someone also mentioned that I should have tested the camera. If I did that, the camera wouldn't be new. I would have to remove the battary from it's packaging then use the camera. I wanted to sell it new and not used. The camera is covered under the factory's full warranty since it hasn't been used. The buyer can get it fixed or replaced free of charge. It is not my fault that the camera isn't working right out of the box. I understand the buyer is in a bad situation, but it is not my responsibility now. This is an issue between the new owner and the manufactuar. He can easily resolve the problem through the company, but instead he wants to let it all fall on my shoulders.
Is your last name UWATECH?? You made the mess.Put on your big boy pants and fix it. The unsealed box shouts Black market. How is he going to provide "the original proof of purchase ":ie receipt from an AUTHORIZED dealer?:no::dork2:

Nothing short of a thief...

This thread has run it's course....

It's pretty clear that the issue is dead.

while I enjoyed the Wentzel thread... I really don't think that benefits the board to start that stuff here....

in my opinion, time to :dancinglock:

The issue may be dead, except somehow I received a threatening message today on ebay from BOHUNTER above who confused me with the seller or a supporter of the seller. I clearly support the buyer and condemn the seller in this case as should be clear from my post on page 1 of this thread.

The issue may be dead, except somehow I received a threatening message today on ebay from BOHUNTER above who confused me with the seller or a supporter of the seller. I clearly support the buyer and condemn the seller in this case as should be clear from my post on page 1 of this thread.

So BOHUNTER has gone psycho and is taking the law into his own hands???? WOW we really do attract some doozies. I welcome the day when he is introduced to a couple Canadians.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Sorry, but thats just about enough of that nonsense.
Encouraging someone to follow what you beleive is the correct course of action is fine.
Following them around the internet is cyberstalking and is not permitted.
Posting their personal information and encouraging people to harass him IRL is not allowed and could result in criminal charges if someone followed up on it.

If anyone has received any form of threat by any means please hit the report button or copy it into a PM to any staff member.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom