If you could ask TSA two questions..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MentalMarine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
If you could ask TSA two questions relating anything to what they do, what would you ask? I am taking a Trasnportation Security class at Ohio State and we are having the guy in charge of TSA from the local airport come in tommorow for a discussion panel. So do you have any questions you never get any answers for?

What percentage of checked bags does TSA check?

Are there estimates of how much passenger property is stolen by TSA checkers?

How does it feel to be a window dressing with little to no impact on actual airline security?

Why must we remove shoes and leave our gels and liquids behind in the states when there are no such checks in foreign countries? I just returned from Mexico last week and the security screen was much easier than the screens I endure every month to Commute to Alaska.

Why is it that the TSA takes a different approach to screening at each airport (i.e different way to search, different standards for the same item(s))?

The second question would depend on the answer given to the first one.

Why does your department even exist?

#1. Why do you look at my HID battery, read the sticker and pass it through?

#2. Don't you know I downloaded it from Airspeed Press, and printed it myself?

BatteryLabelDrycell.jpg

1. Do you believe that you are doing anything at all involved with real security?

2. Did you believe that you would be a real securuity entity when you took the job?

why do you routinely ask old grey haired ladies to step aside for a more complete search and let the people who actually look like the Al Queda cell members just pass through?

1. What data analysis is being done to determine which specific security measures are most effective, so that time and money can be concentrated where they make the most difference, instead of the random, scattershot approach being used now?

2. Why do we keep getting extra items placed in or on our luggage??? On one trip, TSA put 3 padlocks on all 3 pairs of zipper pulls on my duffle, none of which were mine, and which I had to pay someone to cut off when I got to my destination. Recently, I came home to find a large multi-tool in my bag that did not belong to me. How does this incompetent nonsense make me feel? NOT safe from terrorists!
:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom