If you could ask TSA two questions..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100% of mine

Mine, too. I always get those little colored fliers in every bag saying they saw my backplate so they went through my underwear. I write little notes to them all over stuff. Like on my 6cf argon bottle with the valve off and the cap twisted on: "TSA, please replace cap after inspection." And stuff like that.

Why (did) do they ban certain Casio watches, even when being worn (vs. checked)?

I have heard several oddball explanations, one that stated that certain compass module watches had a tiny vial of inflammable material inside that was also on some banned items list.

1. What data analysis is being done to determine which specific security measures are most effective, so that time and money can be concentrated where they make the most difference, instead of the random, scattershot approach being used now?

Oh, this is a good one.

I'd also like to know why there is such incredible variation in how screening is performed -- Not just from airport to airport, but from day to day. I find it less than comforting that the exact same luggage sometimes sails through without question and sometimes gets taken apart to the rivets.

And is there no way to rule out a bomb in my shoes without my having to take them off? I hate walking around dirty airports in my socks.

Al Qaeda didn't pull down the United States, but if I were they, I'd be having a good laugh at how miserable a small group of terrorists have been able to make air travellers world-wide. I know I've never accomplished anything with that much impact . . .

I'd also like to know why there is such incredible variation in how screening is performed -- Not just from airport to airport, but from day to day. I find it less than comforting that the exact same luggage sometimes sails through without question and sometimes gets taken apart to the rivets.

I would like to think that this is a deliberate policy skillfully designed to keep bad guys from doing any constructive planning to evade security.

In reality I think it is just incompetance.

Oh, this is a good one.

And is there no way to rule out a bomb in my shoes without my having to take them off? I hate walking around dirty airports in my socks.

Al Qaeda didn't pull down the United States, but if I were they, I'd be having a good laugh at how miserable a small group of terrorists have been able to make air travellers world-wide. I know I've never accomplished anything with that much impact . . .

I like this question a lot as well; I will definitely ask this one tomorrow. Some of the other responses are just a little trollish, the IQ of the screeners, searching someone based on looks, TSA is pointless and what not. I was intrigued with the HID and sticker as well. I think that can go along with this question of how the standards are established for searching and then reformed based on new intelligence/analysis. Just on a side note TSA is also responsible a lot more than airport security, they have other critical infrastructures that they must protect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom