If you could ask TSA two questions..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a quick note about consitancy, they dont want to be predictable. Even though you may have had your bags checked in one place and the same bag not checked in another place, doesnt mean there wasnt another layer covering you. You dont know everything security wise that is go on.

Does every flight arriving in the U.S. have to have a secure cockpit door?

Maybe 3 years ago I flew from Taiwan to LAX and it was very strange to a) not have my checked baggage screened and b) Have metal knives and forks with meals.

Just wondering what the possibility is of a foreign airliner being taken over and used as a weapon.

How about internal flights in Mexico? After all its not very far to San Diego from Tijuana.

I have read a lot of comments about missing articles in luggage. Do you think this is TSA? I think it is more likely that it is luggage handling not TSA.

Just a quick note about consitancy, they dont want to be predictable.
Not quite what I meant. Why is it that I can take an item in my carry on at one airport, but not at another. Strange. I had this happen when I was traveling and had to change terminals at a connection.

I realize the OP's Q&A session has passed, but here are some questions I'd add . . .

1. Since bottled water, hair gel, toothpaste, etc are confiscated because they could be parts of a binary liquid explosive, why are these potentially hazardous materials piled up in a garbage can at the checkpoint?

2. The TSA says that liquids in quantities less than 3oz are safe, but that an individual can carry as many 3oz containers as they can fit in a 1 quart baggie. Doesn't that mean that a team of 3-4 terrorists could pass security with about 60oz of these mysterious liquid explosives between them?

3. Please explain how having a TSA worker check ID's with a UV light and/or a loupe has anything to do with aircraft security.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom