if you're sick after a dive, take it seriously

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no idea if this can be a genetic trait or not but it is worth mentioning to your physicians. Does your dad have to limit his activates or was this a one-time fluke?
I actually don’t remember if they fixed it through surgery or if he was able to go about everything as normal

I have no idea if this can be a genetic trait or not but it is worth mentioning to your physicians. Does your dad have to limit his activates or was this a one-time fluke?
never mind i'm dumb. he said of course they fixed it otherwise it'd still be collapsed LMAO
eta- it healed over when the chest tube was removed. there's scar tissue there now.

Just come across your post @kaylee_ann

I sincerely hope you recover and find out the root cause of this incident.

If you can no longer dive then I believe your enthusiasm for diving can be focused in other ways for the benefit of the diving community.

Just come across your post @kaylee_ann

I sincerely hope you recover and find out the root cause of this incident.

If you can no longer dive then I believe your enthusiasm for diving can be focused in other ways for the benefit of the diving community.
i'm hoping to go into dive medicine and decompression research- hopefully i'll be able to help contribute to dive safety. :)

@Akimbo I believe what she might be describing with her dad was a pulmonary bleb that likely ruptured and resulted in a spontaneous pneumothorax.
yep that's it well it wasn't spontaneous. he was exercising, i think lifting weights.

hopefully i'll be able to help contribute to dive safety. :)
Studying yourself and your own problems can be beneficial as well as a trap. I'm prone to hypochondria, a self-security issue perhaps, so I overcompensated and didn't see a doctor for 10 years, and that's dangerous. At my advanced age now, I can't really avoid them so easily, but luckily am healthier than I deserve. Then I learned that my daughter hadn't had an annual exam in 10 years! I got onto that with some reserve but not much. I hope you can make the most of your self-study while staying balanced.

Speaking of balance, did anyone mention seeing an ear doc? There could be a side issue there worthy of examination. Anytime balance is challenged, ear doctors belong on the list.

Studying yourself and your own problems can be beneficial as well as a trap. I'm prone to hypochondria, a self-security issue perhaps, so I overcompensated and didn't see a doctor for 10 years, and that's dangerous. At my advanced age now, I can't really avoid them so easily, but luckily am healthier than I deserve. Then I learned that my daughter hadn't had an annual exam in 10 years! I got onto that with some reserve but not much. I hope you can make the most of your self-study while staying balanced.

Speaking of balance, did anyone mention seeing an ear doc? There could be a side issue there worthy of examination. Anytime balance is challenged, ear doctors belong on the list.
and that's why i brushed off everything. i thought i was just worrying too much and there couldn't be an issue. i had been a hypochondriac as a kid and was avoiding that.

oh and i meant contributing through research, not of my own problems LOL

Back
Top Bottom