In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never met Rob, in fact I never knew BigJetDriver's name was Rob until I saw the thread on TDS about his passing. But his screen persona was one I've seen and interacted with over the years, he was one of the "regulars", one of the people who's posts you read and paid attention to, because they came across as being from someone who "got it".

Someone you respected.

A thread like this is a horrible way to be reminded that behind each post on this and every other board is a living, breathing person with their own life, dreams and family.

God Bless you Rob, your friends and family.

Ben

Rob has been my friend since I joined SB. I'm gonna miss his intelligent, witty and funny posts. It is going to feel odd not to see that he is online, to PM him to ask for his advice and just to say hello. He was such a good person and I'm going to miss him.

Rob, I know you're in a better place but I miss you.

http://www.scubaboard.com/member.php?u=11789

Mel

A post very few of you ever got to read, as it was Uncle Pug nominating Rob for being a moderator. We very rarely share the workings of the Mod Squad, much less the Board Room, but here it is. BTW, often I am asked how does one become a moderator. The short answer? Be a BigJetDriver!
Uncle Pug:
Dear Super Buddies:

Rob Davie is a tremendous guy... even though he makes fun of my *computers rot your brain* posts. :D

The guy has a good sense of humor and is often a voice of reason in threads. He generally is very helpful to others and I've never know him to troll.

I've asked him to consider turning the time he wastes here bugging me into time wasted here helping moderate SB. He is flattered (who wouldn't be) and interested.

I would like your approval.

Look up Robs postings on any board, the majority are a friendly hello and welcome!

He'll be missed.

Stunned. Shocked.

My sincere condolances to his family and friends.

I will miss him.

Ave Shalom, Rob

Wow - I was hoping this was not for real somehow when I opened this up.

My condolances to those who are affected by his passing.

Words can not express how much you will be missed Rob. Until we meet again friend .... Semper Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom