incontinence pads under drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are going to get really wet and everything is going to stink of piss when you're done, no matter what.

Get over it and go diving.

And when you're done diving, get a pee valve instailled.

No offense, but 2 threads about this over a couple of days. It takes 20 minutes to install a pee valve. I hope your dive planning is better than your equipment planning.

No offense, but 2 threads about this over a couple of days. It takes 20 minutes to install a pee valve. I hope your dive planning is better than your equipment planning.

Well actually the words "no offense" often mean that i am going to cause you offense but don't moan about it and well actually i have taken offense. as i did not have time to install a pee vavlve, your comment about 20mins is a load of bollicks as there is the time to order it and have it shipped to take into account. yes once you have it maybe 20mins and what about the time to have it delivered so don't comment unless it is going to be helpful to someone, not to put them down and make yourself look good. now you just look like a clown so. hahaha

no regards to you
declan long

TBH if you're on OC you won't be doing a 2hr dive in Malta. Even if you hit up the Poly or the Southwold, you'll only rack up probably 70-80min max.

You can probably hold it for that time or just relieve yourself before hitting the water.

No big deal

has anyone got any info on diving with incontinence pads, are they just for leeks or can i have a piss in them? how much do they hold, any info please and from people who use them. thanks

declan

A manufacturer of incontinence pads once replied to my email that those pads are designed to work under normal pressure. They told me that under hyperbaric conditions those may not contain liquid, or contain less. Not sure if they knew the difference between high ambient pressure (of gas that enters the pad) and applied pressure.

We are interested in your report.

Pee valves work, unless the hose gets kinked... It is incredible how clearly cursing can be heard underwater.

Well hydrated does not mean "drink a lot now and need to pee soon" It means "drink enough liquid the whole week". It may be more important to avoid caffeine = coffee, coke etc. to avoid the need to pee. Heating around the kidneys seems to help many. In cold water, that is.

Take a drink with you on the dive and drink during the dive.

Ok to the OP wear the diapers for the dive and if you wish to continue 2hr + dives you will install a pee valve in about 30min to an hr.
My experience with diapers is the that no matter what you piss yourself.
If you are comfortable with that then no worries, you aren't riding in my vehicle!
Nothing angers me more than having to de-orderize my truck when my buddies diaper leaks on my seat!

You might have a valve already hope you are comfortable and safe diving.

CamG

Last edited:
Well actually the words "no offense" often mean that i am going to cause you offense but don't moan about it and well actually i have taken offense. as i did not have time to install a pee vavlve, your comment about 20mins is a load of bollicks as there is the time to order it and have it shipped to take into account. yes once you have it maybe 20mins and what about the time to have it delivered so don't comment unless it is going to be helpful to someone, not to put them down and make yourself look good. now you just look like a clown so. hahaha

no regards to you
declan long

Really, is that the best you can do? I stand by my statement. Here's what you posted in the other thread.

Hi Everyone tomorrow i am off to malta for some serious tech diving, problem is i am diving in a ds and dont have a pee valve. i have not dove tech in a ds yet so i have not been drinking alot prior to diving for rec dives.

So this was all very last minute? A trip to Malta. Serious tech diving. And you haven't done tech diving in a drysuit. But I'm not supposed to point out that your planning is less than acceptable? You may not have a dive shop around the corner, but you could have planned ahead enough to order a pee valve. If you have a drysuit and do tech diving, it isn't much of a stretch to imagine combining those at some point and being prepared. It is also not typically recommended to do "serious tech diving" with new or unfamiliar equipment.

So man up and take your lumps.

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well since your question was about capacity and not about planning, I've found they are good for a full pee, maybe even two. You get leaks if the diaper is loose anywhere so try to get a good fit. Also, when you get back on the boat don't sit down with it on or all the pee will squish out of the lining stuff. If you're doing multiple dives a day plan to change it between dives if you use it. And try to pee as slow as you can when you use it to give things time to absorb.

I wonder if you could somehow add more absorbent material intro the diapered area for extra capacity just in case ?
If /when you get a pee valve it's nice to have for sure. Have fun in Malta!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom