Inexpensive lodging but with pier/swimming access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Consider just a bit south, Villa Blanca Beach Resort
I just checked their site & Orbitz $43 p/n in August Flight and 7n just $761 P/P R/T from Boston
Used 8/11 - 18 as a sample 2 people
We have stayed many times, good inexpensive, clean, small pool, piers & a sandy place to sit right across the street
3 dive shops right there or pick up at pier, good food real close. Taxi's are real easy, or medium walk to town.

• Easy access to a pier to get picked up and dropped off
Has its own pier. On site dive op obviously, as well as other operators. We get picked up by Blue XTSea there. Added bonus is a quality shore dive that is free if you use their op.
  • Easy access to swimming (don't need a sandy beach
This is actually where a lot of people come to swim, there's a regular group of ladies every morning, and in the afternoon I've seen a much faster group between villablanca and the car ferry. From the BA pier to villablanca to the south is about a 1/2 mile trip, can also go north to the car ferry. Very safe
  • Want to be able to sit outside in the shade. Doesn't have to be private, but would like it not to have tons of traffic noise
Some of the upper rooms get traffic noise from the street, but all are ocean front and quiet on that side. The grounds have tons of places to relax and unwind, lots of shade, grass area, hammocks, pool, etc.
  • Walkable or quick taxi to town
It's about 1.5 miles to the square. We typically walk there and back or take a taxi one way if not feeling it.
  • Quiet, clean
Check, check
  • Room rates on the order of $50/night
More like $90 with breakfast included.
You never said the name of the place, but from context you must be talking about Blue Angel. I'll be there a week from Friday.

I second the suggestion of Suites Bahia and diving with Blue XT Sea, Aldora or any other that leaves from the in-town pier. I've never stayed there ... until today, and I'm a fan already. The biggest downside for me is no pool. The biggest downside for you may be traffic noise but I have a corner room (with TWO shaded balconies, depending on the angle of the sun). There are people swimming in the water literally across the street, but I'd head to No Name instead.

Hmm, now that I think more, Hotel Cozumel fits requirements too. It's a bit further walk from the center of town though.

I second the suggestion of Suites Bahia and diving with Blue XT Sea, Aldora or any other that leaves from the in-town pier. I've never stayed there ... until today, and I'm a fan already. The biggest downside for me is no pool. The biggest downside for you may be traffic noise but I have a corner room (with TWO shaded balconies, depending on the angle of the sun). There are people swimming in the water literally across the street, but I'd head to No Name instead.

Hmm, now that I think more, Hotel Cozumel fits requirements too. It's a bit further walk from the center of town though.
I stayed in a corner room last time I was there, top floor on the south corner. Does your room have a huge black bathtub? Made a good rinse tank.

You never said the name of the place, but from context you must be talking about Blue Angel. I'll be there a week from Friday.

Aw jeez.... LOL. I wrote it but had to cut and paste for some reason. Doh! But yes, spot on Blue Angel.

I don't think Blue Angel or Hotel Cozumel fit that budget. Also if pricing Hotel Cozumel it's a very good idea to price it as both a B & B or an AI because in low occupancy seasons they can be the same price.

I stayed in a corner room last time I was there, top floor on the south corner. Does your room have a huge black bathtub? Made a good rinse tank.

Yep, that's the room. I was actually thinking the huge black bathtub could be my own personal swimming pool!

Thanks to all. Plenty of places for me to look into.

I liked the Occidental but didn't love it. I would go back, but I'd rather be able to easily go out to restaurants. (Our newly-met dinner companions were dynamite, though...)
Yea, we keep saying the same, but we're creatures of habit I guess. There's much to like, little to love except for the free Nitrox.

Back
Top Bottom