Inexpensive lodging but with pier/swimming access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what a one bedroom would rent for, but Jeanie from 3P recommended El Cantil for a three bedroom rental. Their "contact direct" rate was way lower than their rack rate. 3P will pick you up on the way to the marina. I can't wait to stay there. It may not meet the $50 mark, but it rings all the other bells (I think). El Cantil - Luxury Condominiums

Go for the Mansion and we'll join ya :)

Consider just a bit south, Villa Blanca Beach Resort
I just checked their site & Orbitz $43 p/n in August Flight and 7n just $761 P/P R/T from Boston
Used 8/11 - 18 as a sample 2 people
We have stayed many times, good inexpensive, clean, small pool, piers & a sandy place to sit right across the street
3 dive shops right there or pick up at pier, good food real close. Taxi's are real easy, or medium walk to town.

Could someone please tell me a bit more about what the Villa Blanca's beach is like? Is it easy to get in the water? What's the snorkeling or shore diving like on that stretch? Also, same question in front of El Cantil. Thanks.

We like to go to the dive shop across the street from Villa Blanca and rent a tank to shore dive. We have gotten in there and gotten out at Blue Angel North of there. I think there is a Blue Angel shop right next door, also across the street from Villa Blanca. There is some sand there and a nice dock but I don't know if staying at Villa Blanca gives you the right to use it or not????

I don't know what a one bedroom would rent for, but Jeanie from 3P recommended El Cantil for a three bedroom rental. Their "contact direct" rate was way lower than their rack rate. 3P will pick you up on the way to the marina. I can't wait to stay there. It may not meet the $50 mark, but it rings all the other bells (I think). El Cantil - Luxury Condominiums

I don't believe they'll pick you up at the El Cantil. We're staying there in October and Jeanie said they don't pick up there but will pay for the taxi to/from the marina where the boat leaves.

I don't believe they'll pick you up at the El Cantil. We're staying there in October and Jeanie said they don't pick up there but will pay for the taxi to/from the marina where the boat leaves.

Copied from my email:

You might try El Cantil – then we can pick you up on the way to the marina

.We have a lot of divers who stay there.

Should I cancel the hold on the room at Casa Mexicana?

Thank You,

Jeanie Buscher

They WON't usually pick divers up there with a boat but they will either arrange transportation by road or provide it themselves based on my personal experiences. Many assume pick ups are dock pick ups.

Copied from my email:

You might try El Cantil – then we can pick you up on the way to the marina

.We have a lot of divers who stay there.

Should I cancel the hold on the room at Casa Mexicana?

Thank You,

Jeanie Buscher

That's great you'll get picked up there. I asked if they'd pick us up at the El Cantril but she said they'd provide taxi fare for us to the marina. We stayed at the El Cantril last year and dived with Aldora, and they picked us up at the El Cantril dock. That was so nice....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom