Info and Discussion...Roatan Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The spear gun is the equivalent to the camera. It is a distraction.

If you want a lot of dead Lionfish, go out at night, along the walls at about 45', look under the ledges. The fat ones come out.

Exchanging the camera for a speargun to achieve slow, zen-like diving was not quite what I had in mind :), but if you enjoyed yourself, that's what matters. If you get the urge to leave all nonessential equipment behind, you still may not pass go and collect $200, but you may have fun.
Since I have to travel for business all week, I get to pack for CCV this weekend. Always a fun experience until I unpack a realize what I forgot. :shocked:
Rob

Dont forget....
Today is Kasmir Pulaski Day.

No diving today. ❌

This is a big deal in Chicago, anyway.

Last edited:
Diving is done, but what a blast we had! Here's one from Half Moon Bay Wall:

8 Lionfish lost their lives during this dive :idk:

Here's the latest Calvin's Crack swim-thru video:

This continues to be my VERY favorite dive site. On this one dive, we spotted 3 toadfish and 2 seahorses!

Really nice, @CajunDiva! Did you get any video of the toadfish? Those guys re fascinating!

Ha! Funny story about the toadfish video...

I needed the video light for the video to work, and I did remember to turn it on. But as it turns out...the video light was shining right into the rock overhang on the toadfish's lair...didn't highlight him at all :eek: So the video is too dark! I'll see if I can salvage anything.

I use primitive gear, simple, so it works, but primitive...

Nice video - I think the key is that you have a bit more spacial awareness and common sense than me :confused:

Blind dumb luck and a very low SAC

This one here is with a simple G10 with on-board flash.

I sat at 30' with him until I was at 50psi, then the big uggly guy grabbed my watch and tried to take it back into his hidey hole.

P1011022.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom