Info and Discussion...Roatan Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva, you made my day. Leaving tonight for CCV with an overnight in Dallas. Keeping airfare affordable means some strange itineraries. Watching your videos has me ready to go. All packed. Four conference calls to get through today then off to the airport to join my friends from our LDS, Scuba Sensations. Thanks, Doc, for your pic. I wonder if I can get CCV to take us to some of the sites mentioned above? hmmmm

Rob

Always speak with your CCV DMs, but as in any and every dive op, everything is weather dependent.

CCV boats always schedule one trip to Calvin's Crack and other local East end sites, always one to Mary's Place.

If you haveta-wanna-gotta go back for a second look, ask if you might join another boat on a following day. In that it's your first trip, I recommend that you go for the ride and just follow the program.

You will be seeing the other 70 dive moorings not installed by the Roatan Marine Park. Buy their donation tag, they mean well.

Be sure to dive the Mr Bud if offered. Do every drop off dive, you always see something new...go slowly. People that decry the drop offs as "the same old dive" are just not getting it (yet). Learn the Front Yard and the Prince Albert Wreck.

Night dives? I suggest 8pm, your first one is on Sunday night, followed by at least 4 more, Monday thru Thursday! No ecpxcuses here, CCV is for 27+ dives a week. Go gettum.

Happy to provide some inspiration for you @peeweediver. It's really nice to see someone who shares my enthusiasm :bounce::giggle:

Enjoy your visit to CocoView! You are very fortunate to have Doc here providing such detailed input to enhance your diving with them. I know you will make the most of your week there.

Remember...we will be patiently waiting for you to return and give us some fresh input about dive sites!

Thanks CajunDiva and Doc. Just called for the cab to take us to O'Hare in 2 hours, so we're ready. Doc, we have Eddie and Jorge for our boat (we are a group of 16) and they were great the last 2 trips trying to take us wherever they could. I wrote down the sites and will ask them what they think.
Will report back upon return. This scuba travel is weird. We just booked the Rocio Del Mar live-a-board for a 13 day Sea of Cortez trip in 2019, yes, 2019! Thinking that far ahead makes me dizzy.

Thanks again.

Rob

Here's one of the many south shore dive sites, Ironshore. When divers take their time, go slow and pay attention, the sun-lit, south facing walls provide opportunities to spot cool small critters such as this decorator crab:

Decorator Crab.JPG

Great pics and video @CajunDiva! We plan to dive Morat Wall during a two-week trip in August. I have heard that it is quite spectacular and your video confirms it. Thanks as well for posting the toadfish. Really neat!

I was only able to log six dives during our week in Roatan since we had another couple and six kids to keep entertained. As such, I did not get as much footage as usual. We are hoping to go back for a week in July without kids, in which case we will dive much more often. I will link my video in this thread as soon as I have a chance to cut it together.

@peeweediver Hope you have an amazing trip!

Excellent! I'm hoping others will jump in and contribute information and stories about sites they've dove in Roatan.
';

Excellent! I'm hoping others will jump in and contribute information and stories about sites they've dove in Roatan.
';
I hope so too, 6 long weeks to go. I need distractions to make time go by quicker.

............... Doc, we have Eddie and Jorge for our boat (we are a group of 16) and they were great the last 2 trips trying to take us wherever they could. ..............

Rob

This is my only complaint about CCV....16 divers, one dive master. Always makes for a fuster cluck when the DM points out some of the wonderful macro critters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom