Information on deleted post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moderating a large board (which I have done for 20 years elsewhere) is an art, not a science. Everyone wants there to be rigid rules but there are personalities involved on both sides. People have to make judgement calls and they aren't always going to be right. Fighting with the mods is putting them and yourself in a no win situation.
It's the internet, nobody is trampling on your rights, relax and let it be. A week from now nobody is going to remember whatever thread caused the issue

We expect some drift in a discussion, but politics and religion are only allowed in the Pub. Anywhere else and it's off-topic.
Thank you for that clarity.

Was wrong to think that Covid was neither politics nor religion, but now we know better.

I thought that the discussions were still covid/diving related as we were going on about our reasons for returning to diving after covid and including substance that we based our decisions on. A few off covid topic replies were mixed in but not that many imo. Oh well...

Thank you for that clarity.

Was wrong to think that Covid was neither politics nor religion, but now we know better.

Behind the iron curtain, in the US, it is both actually.

I would like to speak to a Senior admin or moderator about a post removal. I have a suspicion that the person that I responded to (staff member) deleted my post and yet the staff members "off topic" post remains.
It appears your concerns have likely been dealt with. Something like 15 posters had about 45 posts deleted. These included all 4 of my posts. The deleted posts were off the topic of, Who is diving after Covid?, or, replies to off topic posts. In addition, special rules apply to posts in Diving, Physics, Physiology, & Medicine Learning Zone Special Rules

@chillyinCanada did an excellent job in the clean up and left a clearly written staff message. As pointed out by @Searcaigh and @The Chairman, the moderators almost never moderate threads in which they are participating, as I was in this case.

I'm sorry for any confusion. Currently, my sister is in the hospital with stage 4 small cell lung cancer. Forgive me for being distracted especially when much of my response has been from my phone.

Back
Top Bottom