Inner tube for harness -- what size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone give me some guidance on the optimal size of bike inner tube for use on a BP harness (webbing from FredT)?

When I stop at my local bike shop on the way home to get some used tubes, I assume they will want to know what size....???(mountain bike vs. thin-tire racing bike vs. ......)

I had to laugh at myself when I first read the topic of this thread....

For a second I was picturing you using a car/truck innertube instead of a wing for bouyancy/floatation.

Originally posted by TexasMike

For a second I was picturing you using a car/truck innertube instead of a wing for bouyancy/floatation.

LOL!!!:D

Beast and I used a mountain bike inner tube on ours. Works well.

Dee is correct as always.

The size I use is 26X1.75-2.35.

When I explained why I wanted the tube, the guys at the bike shop went in the back and gave me a blown tube. One tube has been sufficient for two sets of harness.

Larry

worked for me. I took a piece of webbing with me to the hardware store and opened all the inner tube boxes until I found one that looked like it would fit. The 2 3/8 size happened to be the largest on the shelf, and it turned out to fit perfectly. Takes a slight bit of working to get it to slide along the webbing, but I think any smaller tube would be quite a bit more of a PITA.

Regards,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom