Innovation in diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

there isn't much useful discussion occurring here... At 381 posts, just endless bickering between two or three individuals that might be better taken to PMs. Please consider that a serious suggestion. Am I ever glad I split this off from A&I. Marg, SB Senior Moderator.

Does the NACD and/or NSS-CDS support/promote cave diving with a rental dive light and rental regs.?

Do you ever travel out of Mallorca to dive? Do you rent tanks?

Do you ever travel out of Mallorca to dive? Do you rent tanks?

Tanks provided they are hydroed and in date and have an annual inspection sticker (preferably by an A.S.S.E.T. technician) I have no problem renting including for cave use anywhere in the world I have been.

Dive lights and regs. I think is really poor practice to rent for cave use (my personal risk assessment).

I thought the NSS-CDS and NACD would require you to actually own and have some proficiency/familiarity with this stuff (and more) before doing a Cave Course, but maybe I am wrong and the cave instructors in Florida just walk off the student to the local dive shop and load them up with rental equipment as in Scuba 101 courses.

Does the NACD and/or NSS-CDS support/ promote cave diving with a rental dive light and rental regs.?

Either the equipment is serviceable or it isn't. Many shops here are owned by board or training committee members from both agencies. Maybe you could start another thread and get there opinion.

Either the equipment is serviceable or it isn't. Many shops here are owned by board or training committee members from both agencies. Maybe you could start another thread and get there opinion.

Oh, O.K. - no conflicts of interest then!

Only in Florida...

Last post on this topic since I am not learning anything here and wasting my time (not paid to do this).

This thread is pointless and I did not start it.

Ya. Its dumb. Let me paraphrase for everyone

Gian - I did this dive. I don't think I needed a bottom timer on it

Tony - YES YOU DID NEED IT!!

Gian - Why?

Tony - BECAUSE YOU NEEDED IT YOU MORON!

Gian - ...ok, well, why did I need it?

Tony - Because its a rule!!

Gian - Kinda. I didn't need it this time though. On other dives, sure, but not this one.

Tony - BUT YOU NEEDED IT! ITS A RULE!!

Gian - Why tho?

etc etc

Pointless.

Oh, O.K. - no conflicts of interest then!

Only in America...

You really don't have any context to form that conclusion. You are a NSS-CDS member. Do you have anything stating to the contrary?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I made a polite suggestion but I guess that some of you didn't think I was referring to you. So the most recent off topic bickering has been deleted. Take it to PM or risk losing your posting privileges here. Your choice. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

Let's start with the location of this mysterious dive site shall we?

As the exploration of some caves has been completed (in good part) and public information can now be released, I draw your attention to two newly explored interesting caves:

1. "Es Dolç"
2. "Es Drac"

The TV programs/documentaries will be aired on TVE:

1. 30 November 2014 titled "Es Dolç, agua luminosa."
2. 07 December 2014 titled "Es Drac, luz líquida"

Hopefully an internet link will be provided by TVE so that some time in the future all can enjoy these beauties on the beautiful island of Mallorca where the largest caves in Europe can be found (but NO, I ain't telling you exactly where they are. If you can't find them, you can't dive them, and best it be kept that way...and there are soooo many!).

Attachments

• 1795430_751813588229626_729594905826857840_o.jpg
    1795430_751813588229626_729594905826857840_o.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 194
As the exploration of some caves has been completed (in good part) and public information can now be released, I draw your attention to two newly explored interesting caves:

1. "Es Dolç"
2. "Es Drac"

The TV programs/documentaries will be aired on TVE:

1. 30 November 2014 titled "Es Dolç, agua luminosa."
2. 07 December 2014 titled "Es Drac, luz líquida"

Hopefully an internet link will be provided by TVE so that some time in the future all can enjoy these beauties on the beautiful island of Mallorca where the largest caves in Europe can be found (but NO, I ain't telling you exactly where they are. If you can't find them, you can't dive them, and best it be kept that way...and there are soooo many!).

Video link: Al filo de lo imposible - Espeleo buceo Mallorca (1), Al filo de lo imposible - RTVE.es A la Carta

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom